Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > 2 12" Comp vr's
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
cdma1030

2 12" Comp vr's

I have a autotek at1500 amp running 2 12" kicker compvr's aluminized. How much would I benefit to upgrade to a better amp? I cant even find a rms rating for the autotek amp.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j237/cdma1030/securedownload.jpg

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 08-28-2011 06:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for cdma1030 Click here to Send cdma1030 a Private Message Find more posts by cdma1030 Add cdma1030 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ianarian

Bro, what size wire do you have running power on that amp? How long is your ground wire. Have you done the big 3 yet?

New Post 08-29-2011 01:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ianarian Click here to Send Ianarian a Private Message Find more posts by Ianarian Add Ianarian to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cdma1030

I have done some of the big three. Added battery ground to engine, engine to chassis wire. My power wire to amp is 4awg wire but it is a low strand wire. Amp ground is about 2' long 4awg high strand wire. Alt and battery are just standard. Reading at amp is 13.9 to 14.2 volts at idle in park.

New Post 08-29-2011 04:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for cdma1030 Click here to Send cdma1030 a Private Message Find more posts by cdma1030 Add cdma1030 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

the AT1500 is 750x1 rms at 4 ohm bridged. right at rated power for 2 12" Comp VR but they should take more power... man them ports look awful tiny tho...

New Post 08-29-2011 11:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cdma1030

They are 1.5" wide. Two sepperate chambers. Is that amp 1 ohm stable? I have it at 4 ohm bridged right now.

New Post 08-29-2011 11:52 AM
sicaudio

how do you have it at 4 ohms "bridged"... http://www.maxxsonics.net/manuals/autotek/pdfs/ATSuperSportAmplifierManual2009.pdf

Photobucket

if you have dual 4 ohm coiled subs...look on page 4...

New Post 08-29-2011 12:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cdma1030

inside the box I have subs wired to two ohms a pc. outside box back to 4 ohms.. Will the autotek handle a 1 ohm load?

New Post 08-29-2011 01:25 PM
sicaudio

no.... 2 ohm per channel or 4 ohm bridged all the same power regardless tho but bridging insures a summed mono signal.

New Post 08-29-2011 01:54 PM
cdma1030

Would it make a difference if I switched autotek amp for one the was a higher quality amp? Or would it not really matter? Thanks for your help. I am just trying to get the most out of what I got.

New Post 08-29-2011 04:44 PM
sicaudio

the amp ya have is not a great amp just a basic decent budget amp but you own it and it will push rated power just fine. so unless you really wanna spend more money I wouldn't bother... what ya have is more than adequate..

New Post 08-29-2011 05:32 PM
gameguru1360

would an audiopipe be more hard on his electrical system than the autotek?? would an AP1500d push more power??

I'm sure if he got a BRZ1200d, he'd do fine and I'm not saying this to praise hifonics. Just that a HF brz1200d would seem to be very efficient...

New Post 08-30-2011 11:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cdma1030

I would love to have that AP1500d. You have an extra one to send me to try out? J/K. I am curious what my spl is or what it should be with those subs and amp. I only have about 200$ invested so far not counting wiring. All that I have done so far is at breaktime at  work so its a slow process.

New Post 08-30-2011 06:36 PM
sicaudio

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-30-2011 by gameguru1360
would an audiopipe be more hard on his electrical system than the autotek?? would an AP1500d push more power??

I'm sure if he got a BRZ1200d, he'd do fine and I'm not saying this to praise hifonics. Just that a HF brz1200d would seem to be very efficient...

the ap is a 1500 rms at 1 ohm amp and requires around 175 amps of cureent to make that power.... the autotek only needs around 60-70 amps of current to make the 750-800 rms it produces..

so in short yes the AP makes twice as much power ( and requires 2.5 times the current to do it.. )...and his subs would cook on that much power... the 1200 requires 120-140 amps of current to produce 1400 watts but again is way too much power for the subs....600 is about their limit in a standard enclosure...in a smaller box with a loading wall inside I have pushed 800 to them but they did not like it much...

New Post 08-31-2011 10:57 AM
sicaudio

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-30-2011 by cdma1030

I would love to have that AP1500d. You have an extra one to send me to try out? J/K. I am curious what my spl is or what it should be with those subs and amp. I only have about 200$ invested so far not counting wiring. All that I have done so far is at breaktime at  work so its a slow process.

in a trunk 130 would be a high guess on the power and subs ya have..

New Post 08-31-2011 10:58 AM
cdma1030

How can I check to see how much amperage my amp is drawing? Also I can hear to much of the cone sound. Is there anything I can do other then fire box away from me?

New Post 08-31-2011 04:07 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting