Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > INSTALLATION QUOTE
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
PUDSTOMPER

INSTALLATION QUOTE

I am having 2 fiberglass cases built one for a sub the other for a 2-way 600 watt amp and a 4-way 400 watt amp. I am going to power all the factory speakers of an 07 Acura TL S off the 4-way amp and a 15" jbl 1400 peak off the 2-way. He is putting in 2 caps and running it into my factory system. He is custom fitting the fiberglass cases and running a Zero guage wire into the trunk. I have read you should disconnect a microphone in the car so the sound isn't dampened. Also is there any new products that can run the factory gps/navi onboard screen that will let me run a smart phone. I know they have kits for the Iphone. I have the 3.5 mm jack but I want to stream movies off my computer through the internet. I know how to make all that work but I need to tap my phone into the navi screen. Any suggestions. Also what kind of price range would I be looking at for the Amps sub cap and custom fiberglass enclosures? I will be getting all spec tomorrow but I want to make sure its a fair deal. I would like to know I am getting good equipment at the right price. Is 2grand too high for all that I am getting or should I expect some more detail involved? Thanks and I can answer questions on Cable

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 09-01-2011 10:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PUDSTOMPER Click here to Send PUDSTOMPER a Private Message Find more posts by PUDSTOMPER Add PUDSTOMPER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

can ya say rape? if he was competent he wouldnt be using any caps at all... run do not walk RUN away...

New Post 09-01-2011 10:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SentraStyleEMW

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-01-2011 by sicaudio
can ya say rape? if he was competent he wouldnt be using any caps at all... run do not walk RUN away...

Not only that, but 0 awg is way overkill for one 600 watt and one 400 watt amp.  I believe in overkill myself...but you really don't need any larger than 4 awg for that setup.  The only reason go bigger is if you think you might upgrade to more power in the future.

I don't know if they make an adapter for your car...but I have used the adapters from NavTV.com before with great success.  Worth a look.

New Post 09-02-2011 11:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SentraStyleEMW Click here to Send SentraStyleEMW a Private Message Find more posts by SentraStyleEMW Add SentraStyleEMW to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PutUsOnTheMap

2 grand? That seems insanely high to me for what you're getting. Spend a little time searching for those things online, purchase them, and have them installed at a different shop. You can even have someone else build the fiberglass enclosure. Purchase the sub, two amps, head unit and ditch the caps altogether.

New Post 09-03-2011 12:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PutUsOnTheMap Click here to Send PutUsOnTheMap a Private Message Find more posts by PutUsOnTheMap Add PutUsOnTheMap to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SentraStyleEMW

The shop I used to work at would charge about $350 per box for a fiberglass box molded into the side panel...that was the going rate in my area.

New Post 09-03-2011 06:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SentraStyleEMW Click here to Send SentraStyleEMW a Private Message Find more posts by SentraStyleEMW Add SentraStyleEMW to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mc

if your in northern utah i'll do it for 1500. That would make my profit margin huge and you'd save 500. 

New Post 09-03-2011 06:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mc Click here to Send mc a Private Message Find more posts by mc Add mc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting