Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > Old school Rockford Fosgate looking for some advice
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
scrillacos

Old school Rockford Fosgate looking for some advice

Hello, new to the forums. I'm running some old school rockford fosgate subs/amps and am looking for some advice on potential changes.

Currently, my setup is like this:

2 RFD22215 (punch HX2s) in a dual chamber sealed box (about 2.5 ft per chamber) These are dual voice coil subs with 4 ohms on each coil. Each sub is paralell for 2 ohms. Each 2 ohm paralell sub is run to one of the 2 channels of the amp (power 800a2). Rockford says the amp is 2 ohm stable per channel in stereo.

Here is where things get interesting. I have 2nd power 800a2 and was considering running it as well to run those subs harder. However, the power 800a2 is only 4 ohm stable bridged mono. The only way I could see running the 2 15s with the 2 amps is to either:

Run each coil of one sub to one channel of each amp

or

Bridge the amps to one sub each at 2 ohms and risk roasting the amps.

The part im struggling with, is the stats in stereo @ 4 ohms per channel on the power 800a2 is 200wx2 rms. Its 400wx2 @ 2 ohms rms. Am i going to gain anything by running the 2 power 800s in stereo to each sub, 200wx2? Seems like it would be essentially the same thing that I can do with the one amp @ 400wx2 @ 2ohms per side. Just reaching out to see if it would make any sense to run that other 800a2, or would i just be wasting space?

Thanks for any help, oh, and below are links to the pdfs for the amps/subs.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/scrip...ted=1083775120

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/scrip...ted=1050097912

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 09-05-2011 12:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for scrillacos Click here to Send scrillacos a Private Message Find more posts by scrillacos Add scrillacos to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

waste of space and even 1 of them amps imo is not enough power... you really need 6-800+ watts PER sub..

New Post 09-05-2011 06:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scrillacos

Thanks. You think i would run the risk of smoking those amps if i parallel'd each of the hx2's coils to each amp bridged?

New Post 09-05-2011 09:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for scrillacos Click here to Send scrillacos a Private Message Find more posts by scrillacos Add scrillacos to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

more than likely yes...

New Post 09-06-2011 09:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting