Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Head Units > alpine 7904
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
valtopps

alpine 7904

i have a alpine model 7904 cd head unit and its about 15 years old, i used it for the first 2 years then stored it away. just wondering if i install it could it play ripped cds or just store bought cd's only.

thanks,

valtopps

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 09-11-2011 02:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for valtopps Click here to Send valtopps a Private Message Find more posts by valtopps Add valtopps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

if it is 15 years old then no... mp3 want popular then ... however ur deck is well over 20 yrs old and MP3 and internet were a pipe dream still...

New Post 09-11-2011 05:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
valtopps

not talking about mp3. i throw a cd in and it copys it and doesnt compress it. they say it will play in any cd player, but not sure if it would work with my alpine. can the alpine read a cd-r.

New Post 09-11-2011 10:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for valtopps Click here to Send valtopps a Private Message Find more posts by valtopps Add valtopps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

it should if it is a direct cd:cd copy. my old 7909 did...

New Post 09-12-2011 10:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
newfosgatesucks

Yes, you can play cdr's, no mp3.   I love the 7904 for daily driving, what kind of shape is it in and do you want to sell? 

It is very slow to play burns, you have to get the right burn program and the right blank space between songs....

If it ever begins to eject cd's after you insert them, you have a bad lens, which you cant find anymore ,   uses the same lens as all the early alpine green-button cd players.

I would like to have another clean one, my clean 7904 got ripped off a month or so ago....if you might want to sell pm me or j2kham78@hotmail I can do paypal or meet up with cash if you are close....

New Post 09-13-2011 11:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for newfosgatesucks Click here to Send newfosgatesucks a Private Message Find more posts by newfosgatesucks Add newfosgatesucks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
valtopps

its in very nice shape thats why i was going to install it. whats it worth i have no idea.

i guess if the price is right i would sell it.

New Post 09-13-2011 11:33 AM
newfosgatesucks

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-13-2011 by valtopps

its in very nice shape thats why i was going to install it. whats it worth i have no idea.

i guess if the price is right i would sell it.

If you decide to sell it just shoot me a price I would be interested - untested isn't worth much, as the lens in those are notoriously finnicky for going out, and way expensive to source. 

But one of my personal fav's of the old days.  

New Post 09-13-2011 01:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for newfosgatesucks Click here to Send newfosgatesucks a Private Message Find more posts by newfosgatesucks Add newfosgatesucks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
valtopps

wow i was on ebay why are the old alpines getting $100 -150.00 ?

i might sell it on ebay if i can get this much

only one i seen that sold on ebay was $195.00???????????? go to completed ebay and type in OLD SCHOOL ALPINE 7904 CD PLAYER it sold for $195.00

New Post 09-14-2011 01:54 AM
newfosgatesucks

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-14-2011 by valtopps

wow i was on ebay why are the old alpines getting $100 -150.00 ?

i might sell it on ebay if i can get this much

only one i seen that sold on ebay was $195.00???????????? go to completed ebay and type in OLD SCHOOL ALPINE 7904 CD PLAYER it sold for $195.00

I bought a 7904 with matching eq for 75 plus shipping - and that started the Alpine bug...

I paid 95 bucks for one that was shipped with a bad lens - 1200 bucks to repair, I scrapped it and swapped the pullout/non-pullout harness to the back of another Alpine....

I went 150 on a 7909 with the face blacked out and put the face of the 7904 on it.   The owner of a local shop pushed me 300 cash and a roll of power cable for it.

It is a unit an old school audiophile will settle for in their daily driver-not their main car, and I know a lot of them!

If you can test it and put a picture of it READING a CD as it plays, and don't ever gte "ERR" when you insert the disc, you have a 125-150 dollar unit, the original box can add 25-30 to that, and a scratchless face, NO button wear and a close-up shot of the terminal harness on the rear of the cage with no corrosion on the copper will fetch more..

Every 7903, 7904, 7909, and 7909j on ebay, I have watched since 2001!! 

Obviously, ebay opens the door/avenue to the class of people with more money than sense, and they pay those prices, as it is a sellers market.   While I don't personally fall into that category, just wanted to be honest and let you know someone somewhere could pay that for it!

New Post 09-17-2011 01:59 PM
valtopps

how can i test it ? if i put it on the battery terminals on my car? - black, + red and yellow?

New Post 09-21-2011 12:08 AM
newfosgatesucks

Yep.  red and yellow together, make sure it lights up.  Check the cd deal, run some rca's to your amps or to a nearby receiver, remote wire on that unit has anough juice for antenna and a few amps, sometimes the internal relay goes etc, but main thing on those units is the cd lens spiderweb,  sell it if you do a lot of bumpy driving or if you offroad, etc - They have a short life expectancy in a car which has bad shocks as well. 

New Post 09-21-2011 03:10 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting