Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > hello.looking for advice,new to forum
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
crummorton

hello.looking for advice,new to forum

hi all, i am getting back into car systems can you all give me some help? I bought some jvc arsenals 10" 7040 subs 600rms dual 4ohm coils amp is a old school fosgate power 800a2 suppose to be 400rms per side 2ohm and 800rms bridged 4ohm i currently have wired in stereo 2ohm each side if i bridge will make any difference in power or hitting harder or crisper punch? also since the subs are not getting all the power needed was wandering if you all can recommend me a new amp,i'm looking for an inexpensive amp but real power around 1500rms 4ohm or like 700rms-800rms 2ohm stereo? any new good companies that are making high quality products for low cost that need help spreading the word or need help getting a start? well spent night thinking of the brutus 1700 wired with these subs 1ohm. i need advice.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 09-13-2011 09:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for crummorton Click here to Send crummorton a Private Message Find more posts by crummorton Add crummorton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
crummorton

r u serious not 1 response in 24 hours and 21 views?

New Post 09-14-2011 09:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for crummorton Click here to Send crummorton a Private Message Find more posts by crummorton Add crummorton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mc

sundown, cesendo, and there are others but put a price range out there you might get suggestions

New Post 09-15-2011 07:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mc Click here to Send mc a Private Message Find more posts by mc Add mc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
crummorton

well i dont want to spend much,with me i like ouality and bang for my buck,i'm a penny pinchin jew,no not really but you catch my drift.I'm not wanting to be in any competion or act like im building for one.I just wanna push the properly and possibly maybe have a lil power in reserve so im not overworking the amp and damage subs or amp. between 100-300 dollars i guess.

New Post 09-15-2011 08:45 AM
crummorton

lol i said low cost,those amps are a week and 2 weeks paychecks.

New Post 09-15-2011 08:45 AM
Ianarian

If I were you, I'd consider finding subwoofers to match the power of the 800a2. I got 2 MTX 4500 10's that are wired to 4ohms. At that, my amp draws 35 amps making 450+/- watts. Which sends the subs to max excursion for the enclosure they are in. WHICH, sounds to the ear, just as loud inside the cab as my 2 DAT 12's.

New Post 09-15-2011 05:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ianarian Click here to Send Ianarian a Private Message Find more posts by Ianarian Add Ianarian to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
crummorton

well there lies the prob crutchfield had those subs orignialy 300$ a sub marked down to 90$ a sub and i bought them on price alone. what kind of speakers are those that i bought? they are brand new.

New Post 09-15-2011 09:33 PM
crummorton

is this amp good? will it take a punishing for 5years or more? http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_23547_Hifonics-Brutus-BRZ1700.1D.html

New Post 09-15-2011 10:31 PM
SINTORMAN

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-15-2011 by crummorton
is this amp good? will it take a punishing for 5years or more? http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_23547_Hifonics-Brutus-BRZ1700.1D.html

With no voltage drop that will last 5+ years I would bet on it. Treat her nice and she will be nice to you :)

New Post 09-17-2011 12:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SINTORMAN Click here to Send SINTORMAN a Private Message Find more posts by SINTORMAN Add SINTORMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
crummorton

i know alil about elec. but what you mean ? found this today but was wandering is 400 too lil to offer or too much? I have a BRAND NEW IN BOX Sundown Audio SAZ-3000D amplifier, includes external gain knob. 300A external fuse not included. Never been installed. Purchased a few years ago straight from the factory for a mobile audio system and changed my plans. Looking to sell locally to pay some bills. Asking $700 or best offer.

New Post 09-17-2011 01:44 AM
sicaudio

that's a great price on the SAZ but you better have about 1500$ for the electrical upgrades to run it...

New Post 09-21-2011 09:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
corrie32

hummm

I think you have enough power to be slamming those subs, the power 800a2 is underated and  came with a birth sheet of way over 1000 watts.  what's the specs on you box? ported? sealed.  I checked the website and  jvc recommends 1.57ft sealed and  1.85ft ported each.

New Post 09-21-2011 12:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for corrie32 Click here to Send corrie32 a Private Message Find more posts by corrie32 Add corrie32 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N2Audio

I agree w/Corrie.

Bridging the amp and wiring for 4 COULD help, but only slightly. I would be surprised if the difference would be audible. The power would be the same, but you might eliminate some stereo differences that could (in theory) cause some cancellation.
To Corrie's point though - that's a very powerful, high quality amp. I think any improvement you'll get from more power will be very minor, and the odds of damaging the subs will increase significantly.

Maybe it's an enclosure issue?

New Post 09-21-2011 02:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for N2Audio Click here to Send N2Audio a Private Message Find more posts by N2Audio Add N2Audio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
crummorton

round port dual box not sure on inside volume,been thinking of trying a sealed box and bridging amp and a cap and that battery sic speaks of in trunk.

New Post 09-21-2011 08:08 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
kaotiksyko, from , CO. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting