Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > decent subs with power handling
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
chuckd

decent subs with power handling

im looking to get some subs that will handle 1000 plus rms each either 12's or 15's im just looking for subs ppl know that will do this.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 09-27-2011 06:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for chuckd Click here to Send chuckd a Private Message Find more posts by chuckd Add chuckd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mc

there are tons what price range are you lookin at? Oh and stay away from the AQ's they have gone down hill

New Post 09-27-2011 08:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mc Click here to Send mc a Private Message Find more posts by mc Add mc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuckd

actually the aq hdc3s are one speaker i was considering. im thinking a cheap route for now. like power acoustic mofos or lanzar optidrive.

New Post 09-29-2011 12:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for chuckd Click here to Send chuckd a Private Message Find more posts by chuckd Add chuckd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SINTORMAN

Umm stay away from AQ... I would get some b stock sa subs. They will take 1500 rms daily. Other than that some dd or dc but thats going to run you more.

New Post 09-29-2011 12:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SINTORMAN Click here to Send SINTORMAN a Private Message Find more posts by SINTORMAN Add SINTORMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SINTORMAN

or even used. You could get one beat to death and recone and it will still be cheaper.

New Post 09-29-2011 12:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SINTORMAN Click here to Send SINTORMAN a Private Message Find more posts by SINTORMAN Add SINTORMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuckd

i thought the newer aq was good stuff... its dd's lower shelf.

New Post 09-29-2011 01:13 AM
mc

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-29-2011 by chuckd

i thought the newer aq was good stuff... its dd's lower shelf.

I will not comment on anything but my own experience. Over the last 2 months I have reconed 6 AQ Subs (all were mine) launched the cones on 4 was able to fix with out reconeing and now i have foled a cone and tore 2 trip joints. This is all happenin on 2k per sub after rise. when i explain what is happenin they say send us more money and we'll send you more recones. I said get your china child labor to do better at QC.

New Post 09-29-2011 07:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mc Click here to Send mc a Private Message Find more posts by mc Add mc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SINTORMAN

They don't use the same soft parts as dd.

New Post 09-29-2011 03:38 PM
corrie32

Wow that's strange, 1000 wrms subs blowning with only 2000 wrms going through it. Danm who would have thought!!!!! now if these are the Hdc4's i take it all back.

New Post 10-05-2011 03:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for corrie32 Click here to Send corrie32 a Private Message Find more posts by corrie32 Add corrie32 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mc

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 10-05-2011 by corrie32
Wow that's strange, 1000 wrms subs blowning with only 2000 wrms going through it. Danm who would have thought!!!!! now if these are the Hdc4's i take it all back.

no they are the 3's and the coils are prefect it's the soft parts that failed. Before they switched soft parts then i was able to do 155's and they were gettin about 2500 (After rise) and they held up for 2.5yrs. With the new soft parts  then it was supposedly an upgrade i lost 2 db and tore the trip joint apart on more than one! I WILL NEVER USE THERE SOFT PARTS AGAIN. If you think i'm the only one havein these issues check with some other companies that make dropin recones ALOT of people are switchin soft parts cause they are crap now. I also don't know anyone only runnin 1k to a AQ HDc3 alot of folks are puttin a AQ2200 to just one. Also if the RMS was a true rateing then they would also have to give you enclosure and port size for said woofer along with thermal handeling. To say noone runs more than the rms of a sub is retarded. most folks can't even clamp their power let alone know what rise is. If you have proof that runnin more than 1k to the HDc3's will cause failure i'm sure without tryin i can come up with more people runnin more than that. In fact ask thorshammer why he switched.

New Post 10-05-2011 05:15 PM
N2Audio

I can tell you this about the Opti1232d's -- No sign of struggling at 1000w rms, not afraid to dip into the high 20's in the right box, and a very reasonable price at $150 ea.

New Post 10-07-2011 05:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for N2Audio Click here to Send N2Audio a Private Message Find more posts by N2Audio Add N2Audio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mc

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 10-07-2011 by N2Audio
I can tell you this about the Opti1232d's -- No sign of struggling at 1000w rms, not afraid to dip into the high 20's in the right box, and a very reasonable price at $150 ea.

got a friend runnin the 15 and really i can't say anything bad about it

New Post 10-08-2011 09:23 AM
shepherd92683

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 10-05-2011 by mc

no they are the 3's and the coils are prefect it's the soft parts that failed. Before they switched soft parts then i was able to do 155's and they were gettin about 2500 (After rise) and they held up for 2.5yrs. With the new soft parts  then it was supposedly an upgrade i lost 2 db and tore the trip joint apart on more than one! I WILL NEVER USE THERE SOFT PARTS AGAIN. If you think i'm the only one havein these issues check with some other companies that make dropin recones ALOT of people are switchin soft parts cause they are crap now. I also don't know anyone only runnin 1k to a AQ HDc3 alot of folks are puttin a AQ2200 to just one. Also if the RMS was a true rateing then they would also have to give you enclosure and port size for said woofer along with thermal handeling. To say noone runs more than the rms of a sub is retarded. most folks can't even clamp their power let alone know what rise is. If you have proof that runnin more than 1k to the HDc3's will cause failure i'm sure without tryin i can come up with more people runnin more than that. In fact ask thorshammer why he switched.

I run a single 2200 currently on 2 hdc3 18' and it slams. I want to upgrade to the 3500 sometime though. The 2200 barely moves the woofers. I've never had it on a TL tho...

New Post 11-12-2011 01:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for shepherd92683 Click here to Send shepherd92683 a Private Message Find more posts by shepherd92683 Add shepherd92683 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shepherd92683

Also not fair to compare DD and AQ. DD is spare no expense and AQ is budget friendly. Much higher quality parts involved with DD.

New Post 11-12-2011 01:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for shepherd92683 Click here to Send shepherd92683 a Private Message Find more posts by shepherd92683 Add shepherd92683 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shepherd92683

Also not fair to compare DD and AQ. DD is spare no expense and AQ is budget friendly. Much higher quality parts involved with DD.

New Post 11-12-2011 01:48 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting