Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > New Wrangler system RF?
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
allstarfb7

New Wrangler system RF?

hey guys I'm looking into putting a system in my jeep wrangler in the next month or so. I'm thinking 2000W with two 15" subs. my price range is 900 dollars for the subs box and amp, and then i plan on upgrading my battery and alt when i get more money as I'm a college student. i was thinking of two Rockford Fosgate 15" t1d215's and a 2000 Watt amp idk which one yet though. I'm looking for a system that really hits lows well and is really loud for tailgating on game day, but also gets pretty good sound quality (i plan on upgrading head unit and speakers later on as well) what do you guys think ? and do you have any ideas for me?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 09-28-2011 12:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for allstarfb7 Click here to Send allstarfb7 a Private Message Find more posts by allstarfb7 Add allstarfb7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SINTORMAN

I would recommend Obsidian Audio 15's for the subs and hifonics brz or audioque for the amp. Shuriken makes good batteries. And pioneer makes good decks.

New Post 09-29-2011 04:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SINTORMAN Click here to Send SINTORMAN a Private Message Find more posts by SINTORMAN Add SINTORMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
allstarfb7

any other subs you would recommend with more power? and do the obsidians have good quality? I've never heard of them

New Post 09-30-2011 10:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for allstarfb7 Click here to Send allstarfb7 a Private Message Find more posts by allstarfb7 Add allstarfb7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

have you done anything else to your stereo or is this your start? What I mean is everything else stock and you want to add some bass? If that's the case it's gonna sound like ass. Just for shits and giggles I'll assume that you get 2 15's and a 1k amp. match that to a stock system and it will sound terrible. Now that I'm typing I kinda forgot what your budget is....$900 for subs box and amp. If I'm right so far let me know and I would highly reccomend you start the right way and try to get a balanced sound from the start.

New Post 09-30-2011 11:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SINTORMAN

@LP thats not really true. Yes in a literal sense but to people new to car audio all they really "usually" care about is bass. I was once there and I have slowly grown to appreciate really good sq and it kills me my system isn't up to par. I think we need to figure out what he wants as opposed to what would be a very balanced setup.

New Post 10-01-2011 01:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SINTORMAN Click here to Send SINTORMAN a Private Message Find more posts by SINTORMAN Add SINTORMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 10-01-2011 by SINTORMAN
@LP thats not really true. Yes in a literal sense but to people new to car audio all they really "usually" care about is bass. I was once there and I have slowly grown to appreciate really good sq and it kills me my system isn't up to par. I think we need to figure out what he wants as opposed to what would be a very balanced setup.

That's where we differ....I prefer to guide someone into doing things the right way.For $900 I could help him assemble a half decent setup that he will be much much happier with than all bass and a distorted front stage.  

New Post 10-01-2011 02:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SINTORMAN

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 10-01-2011 by larrypeters86
That's where we differ....I prefer to guide someone into doing things the right way.For $900 I could help him assemble a half decent setup that he will be much much happier with than all bass and a distorted front stage.  

but ultimately its up to what the op wants.

New Post 10-01-2011 02:16 PM
larrypeters86

RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 10-01-2011 by SINTORMAN
but ultimately its up to what the op wants.

You are right there.

New Post 10-01-2011 03:01 PM
allstarfb7

yeah i know i really need to get a good deck i just don't have the money yet and need some bass to hold me over until i can afford a quality head unit, my truck has a ken wood DNx9960 a 12 JL W7, and a JL 800W amp, with all infinity excel on speakers, which sounds great SQ wise but in the jeep i want some hard hitting BASS, i have the 6 speaker upgraded speakers in my jeep and yes a stock head unit for now just looking to drop in the subs for a month or two until i get money for a HU

New Post 10-01-2011 07:48 PM
larrypeters86

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 10-01-2011 by allstarfb7
yeah i know i really need to get a good deck i just don't have the money yet and need some bass to hold me over until i can afford a quality head unit, my truck has a ken wood DNx9960 a 12 JL W7, and a JL 800W amp, with all infinity excel on speakers, which sounds great SQ wise but in the jeep i want some hard hitting BASS, i have the 6 speaker upgraded speakers in my jeep and yes a stock head unit for now just looking to drop in the subs for a month or two until i get money for a HU

Here ya go....this will shake the bumpers off your jeep. I really hope you upgraded the electrical system though.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/SSA-XCON-15D2-%252b-SUNDOWN-SAZ%252d1500D-COMBO.html

New Post 10-01-2011 09:50 PM
allstarfb7

just that one sub puts out 1500W? and is it a quality product?

New Post 10-03-2011 10:32 PM
SINTORMAN

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 10-03-2011 by allstarfb7
just that one sub puts out 1500W? and is it a quality product?

I hope you mean takes 1500 watts... otherwise we have a long lesson to teach :). And yes it is a quality product.

New Post 10-03-2011 11:36 PM
allstarfb7

haha sorry rookie mistake! i have plenty to learn about sound systems i only know the basics, which is why this website is a lifesaver cause i don't want to waste my time and especially the little money i have!!

New Post 10-04-2011 02:37 AM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting