Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > Single 12" Setup....RE Audio XXX or Kicker Solo X
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
CarAudioFreak

Single 12" Setup....RE Audio XXX or Kicker Solo X

Whats up everyone. Havent been on here for about a year now. Going to school and working for the man gives me little time now for my passion. Just need some advise real quick about about a single 12" setup. It will be an SQL setup with max rec. enclosure space slot ported at 34 hrz. and fiberglass re-enforced from the inside. Going in a Toyota Camry running off a Kicker 2500.1 What would you go with for maximum SQL? Try to keep your opinions and feelings out and state the cold hard facts with refering to the T/S perimeters and experience. I know Kickers have more cone area but the RE's 54mm of xmax more than makes up for that. I've always wanted to do a single 12" Solo X or RE XXX setup and now I get the chance to for a friend. THANKS!!!

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 10-02-2011 01:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for CarAudioFreak Click here to Send CarAudioFreak a Private Message Find more posts by CarAudioFreak Add CarAudioFreak to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mc

i would say you will have more output with the SoloX but the XXX will sound better. Now if you can find a XXX 05-06 motor that would be the way to go

New Post 10-02-2011 06:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mc Click here to Send mc a Private Message Find more posts by mc Add mc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CarAudioFreak

Thanks, what makes you think the Kicker would take the RE on the meter? I do agree with you that the SQ would go toward the RE Audio. Were doing this cause my friend doesnt want to take up his whole trunk and wants only a 2-2.5 ft3 box. Plus we want to show what 1 12" with a proper install will do. Here's the project Pioneer Head Unit (not sure which one yet) Kicker 2500.1 Mono Amp Kicker 650.4 4 CH 2 Sets of Polk Momo 6.5" Components Stock Alternator Big 3 Upgrade 1 Run of true 0/1 Gauge cable 14' 1 Run of true 4 Gauge Cable 14' 1.5" Thick (2 layers 3/4") MDF Box tuned to 34 hrz. Yellow top Battery and 1 Kinetik in the trunk

New Post 10-02-2011 11:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for CarAudioFreak Click here to Send CarAudioFreak a Private Message Find more posts by CarAudioFreak Add CarAudioFreak to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mc

I have a couple friends (1 is a teammate) that have used both the old XXX and the new one. The output on the new one was substantionly less than the old version with there testin. Also have you thought about a DC LVL5 or a N3 bet either would fit the bill for what your tryin to do.

New Post 10-03-2011 07:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mc Click here to Send mc a Private Message Find more posts by mc Add mc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CarAudioFreak

I did in fact consider those. I was also looking highly at Fi BTL custom order woofers. Not sure how much they cost tho, build time, and how to order. I would just basically tell them my enclosure specs, how much power and crank out the X-max right? Hmmmm maybe I'll call em up tomorrow. I just want one 12" to basically out-pound and sound better than most peoples expensive multiple woofer systems. Then open the trunk and that one little 12 makin all that racket lol

New Post 10-03-2011 08:03 PM
mc

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 10-03-2011 by CarAudioFreak
I did in fact consider those. I was also looking highly at Fi BTL custom order woofers. Not sure how much they cost tho, build time, and how to order. I would just basically tell them my enclosure specs, how much power and crank out the X-max right? Hmmmm maybe I'll call em up tomorrow. I just want one 12" to basically out-pound and sound better than most peoples expensive multiple woofer systems. Then open the trunk and that one little 12 makin all that racket lol

all the options should be on Fi's web sight and i think it takes 7-10days to build but not sure. Another option is the crossfire  the XS2 or what ever the one with the ti baskets (they are built by Fi) they have a long throw and are a low end monster.

New Post 10-04-2011 07:27 AM
CarAudioFreak

cool thanks for the advice!!!

New Post 10-04-2011 08:00 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting