Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > Hey Larry...about RF 1500-1bd cp
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
KJM01

Hey Larry...about RF 1500-1bd cp

So I went back to the store where I saw that  amp and it turns out it is the Constant Power version. Cause I got a screaming deal and it is BNIB I bought it. I also set up photobucket and put up some pics, so i'll try to post them here one is the birth sheet...     http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g323/KJM01/birthsheetRF1500-1bdcp.jpg   ,   and   http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g323/KJM01/RF1500-1bdcp.jpg . Hope you can see the pics.  

Also the birthsheet says 1749w @ 2 ohm,  and the t2d412 is 1200w @ 2 ohm. will the sub handle the power and sound clean in the right box. Looking for sql ( love loud but sure 1700w is loud enough ) but would lean more to sq if anything. I have not bought the sub yet, they want $375 for it (which doesnt seem too bad) and would like your input, I am also looking at the TC sounds 15'' lms-r which is 1000w @ 2 ohm( would that handle 1700w?

Thanks for your input. Kurt 

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 10-14-2011 02:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KJM01 Click here to Send KJM01 a Private Message Find more posts by KJM01 Add KJM01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SINTORMAN

New Post 10-14-2011 03:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SINTORMAN Click here to Send SINTORMAN a Private Message Find more posts by SINTORMAN Add SINTORMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

RE: Hey Larry...about RF 1500-1bd cp

quote:
Originally posted on 10-14-2011 by KJM01

So I went back to the store where I saw that  amp and it turns out it is the Constant Power version. Cause I got a screaming deal and it is BNIB I bought it. I also set up photobucket and put up some pics, so i'll try to post them here one is the birth sheet...     http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g323/KJM01/birthsheetRF1500-1bdcp.jpg   ,   and   http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g323/KJM01/RF1500-1bdcp.jpg . Hope you can see the pics.  

Also the birthsheet says 1749w @ 2 ohm,  and the t2d412 is 1200w @ 2 ohm. will the sub handle the power and sound clean in the right box. Looking for sql ( love loud but sure 1700w is loud enough ) but would lean more to sq if anything. I have not bought the sub yet, they want $375 for it (which doesnt seem too bad) and would like your input, I am also looking at the TC sounds 15'' lms-r which is 1000w @ 2 ohm( would that handle 1700w?

Thanks for your input. Kurt 

Look at that birth sheet. While I like a company that includes one with an amp it has to be taken with a grain of salt. At the top it staes the test was done at 14.4 volts. that is really difficult or next to impossible in the real world when driving that kind of power. those output numbers are made in an ideal situation....Don't expect to see them. A company like Sundown rates their amps at 12.9 volts. A number that is dramatically more realistic in a car environment. They actually easily exceed ratings and at only 12.9 volts. I am not a real fan of new RF but I do think you could do much worse. I think the RF sub would be ok running at 2 ohms from that amp ....just go easy with the gains and put it in the right box. However.....The TC is twice the sub all day long. they are monsters and the RF couldn't touch the TC performance.  

New Post 10-14-2011 10:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KJM01

Ok, thanks. So let me start with my car. I have a stock 130 amp alt, big 3 done in 0g. I plan to add a battery in back to supplement the extra power. If I go with the TC sub then I can either wire it to 4ohm for around 1000w or 1ohm 1900w(I understand i wont see that)

1) what do you think I will get as far as out put from that amp at 4ohm? And 1ohm? I might try for either way.

2) And what size battery will I need in the back for either 4ohm or 1ohm? (the front is a 130reserve capacity batt from autozone) Upon further inspection i may go with 2x sa15d4 cause the price.I know they can handle the extra power but will they sound close to as good as the TC?

New Post 10-15-2011 10:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KJM01 Click here to Send KJM01 a Private Message Find more posts by KJM01 Add KJM01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mc

wire to 1ohm after rise and everythin i bet your around 1k

New Post 10-16-2011 08:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mc Click here to Send mc a Private Message Find more posts by mc Add mc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ianarian

So I don't have to re-read, I gather you're using a 1.5k cp to drive a single sub? A DC lvl 4 10" with dual 2ohm coils wired in parallel. Put that bitch is a 1ft3 of airspace sealed... I am still tripping on how amazing it sounds..

New Post 10-16-2011 05:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ianarian Click here to Send Ianarian a Private Message Find more posts by Ianarian Add Ianarian to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KJM01

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 10-16-2011 by mc

wire to 1ohm after rise and everythin i bet your around 1k

I get that the testing is at a constant 14.4v. Even with a good electrical to back it up it will only get that much at 1 ohm? How can I reduce box rise? Or in other words do you have any tips to get the most out of that amp?

New Post 10-17-2011 04:42 PM
KJM01

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 10-16-2011 by Ianarian
So I don't have to re-read, I gather you're using a 1.5k cp to drive a single sub? A DC lvl 4 10" with dual 2ohm coils wired in parallel. Put that bitch is a 1ft3 of airspace sealed... I am still tripping on how amazing it sounds..

I do have a huge trunk to work with so space isnt really limited. 21ft3, wont I need a bigger sub for better sound? But i do like the idea of a DC though.

I say this cause my 2x jl12wx sound better all the way up against the back of the trunk. When they are closer to the back seat they do not sound as tight.

New Post 10-17-2011 04:47 PM
SINTORMAN

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 10-17-2011 by KJM01

I get that the testing is at a constant 14.4v. Even with a good electrical to back it up it will only get that much at 1 ohm? How can I reduce box rise? Or in other words do you have any tips to get the most out of that amp?

No he means wire it to 1 ohm... after box rise and voltage drop you will see around 1000 Watts.

New Post 10-17-2011 04:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SINTORMAN Click here to Send SINTORMAN a Private Message Find more posts by SINTORMAN Add SINTORMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KJM01

RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 10-17-2011 by SINTORMAN
No he means wire it to 1 ohm... after box rise and voltage drop you will see around 1000 Watts.

I got that part, but even with a good extra battery and hopefully at least 13.5v still -900w, that sucks, even though it will still be loud as chit.

New Post 10-17-2011 05:56 PM
Ianarian

Oh, ok, so we are talkin about powering a couple of subs with a RF 1.5bd-CP... I mean, yall are talkin and I am tryna ketchup here. "THE" 1500bd- I "heard" the CP amp's draw significant current, even at idle... Calculations have shown it to value somewhere around 1ah/1kwh. The efficiency at 1ohm isn't the best but if you provide electrical service of up to 2.5kw for the system alone(all devices inc.)... This amp will drop a pair of subs with authority. I wish I had one!

New Post 10-20-2011 02:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ianarian Click here to Send Ianarian a Private Message Find more posts by Ianarian Add Ianarian to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KJM01

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 10-20-2011 by Ianarian
Oh, ok, so we are talkin about powering a couple of subs with a RF 1.5bd-CP... I mean, yall are talkin and I am tryna ketchup here. "THE" 1500bd- I "heard" the CP amp's draw significant current, even at idle... Calculations have shown it to value somewhere around 1ah/1kwh. The efficiency at 1ohm isn't the best but if you provide electrical service of up to 2.5kw for the system alone(all devices inc.)... This amp will drop a pair of subs with authority. I wish I had one!

At 4ohm the efficency is 86.2%, at 2 ohm it is 74.6%, and at 1 ohm it is 63%. So do you think it a good idea to get a h/o alt with a good extra battery?If so what battery would you suggest?

New Post 10-21-2011 11:41 AM
SINTORMAN

I would get multiple batts but if you are only running one then a nsb100ft

New Post 10-21-2011 12:36 PM
KJM01

Alright I did some math (from the battery 101 tutorial by maxxsonics on blue tube) and I got:

130a alternator stock, to run amp at 4 ohms 86.2%efficiency 14.4v I would need only 2.5ah extra lol. @ worst case senario 11.4v I would need 23.8ah extra

to run amp at 2ohm(which i am most likely going to do) 74.6%eff. @14.4v=61.6ah extra, worst case 11.4v = 176.3ah extra.

So I also know I should have a bit extra to keep a good cushion so I assume a 200ah battery would suffice correct? Also with that much reserve would it be better to upgrade to a h/o alt to fill that size battery? or can I get away with the stock alternator and get one 200ah batt.(or two 100ah batt.).

And the back battery wont be the same size as my starter, will that be a problem?

New Post 10-21-2011 08:20 PM
KJM01

bump

New Post 10-27-2011 11:11 AM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting