Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > subs for rock need punch
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
rocksub91

subs for rock need punch

i was going to do a custom fiberglass sealed box for a shallow mount single cab. What subs have a ton of precise punch to them, the kind you would need for metal/rock.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 10-19-2011 03:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rocksub91 Click here to Send rocksub91 a Private Message Find more posts by rocksub91 Add rocksub91 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SINTORMAN

what is the maximum mounting depth for the sub? usually so the magnet of the sub is 1 to 2 inches away from the back of the box.

New Post 10-20-2011 09:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SINTORMAN Click here to Send SINTORMAN a Private Message Find more posts by SINTORMAN Add SINTORMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rocksub91

i can fab a mounting depth for any shallow mount, cant go to full sized. So what shallow mount has the tightest hitting precise bass in a sealed box done to specs.

New Post 10-20-2011 09:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rocksub91 Click here to Send rocksub91 a Private Message Find more posts by rocksub91 Add rocksub91 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

http://stereointegrity.com/index.php?id=47

Probobly the best shallow sub on the planet.

New Post 10-21-2011 10:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SINTORMAN

shallow mount

LP that looks like that costs about 500 dollars. LOL.

New Post 10-21-2011 10:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SINTORMAN Click here to Send SINTORMAN a Private Message Find more posts by SINTORMAN Add SINTORMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 10-21-2011 by SINTORMAN
shallow mount

LP that looks like that costs about 500 dollars. LOL.

Actually around $250 and you can't be serious by posting that MB Quart.

New Post 10-21-2011 10:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SINTORMAN

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 10-21-2011 by larrypeters86

Actually around $250 and you can't be serious by posting that MB Quart.

What do you mean I can't be serious...? Thats a highly regarded sub.

New Post 10-21-2011 10:53 PM
larrypeters86

RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 10-21-2011 by SINTORMAN
What do you mean I can't be serious...? Thats a highly regarded sub.

Not in the same universe as the SI. There is real audio out there.

New Post 10-21-2011 11:04 PM
rocksub91

If that's the tightest sub u can get i dont care about the price thanks for the feedback

New Post 10-22-2011 02:29 AM
SINTORMAN

RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 10-21-2011 by larrypeters86

Not in the same universe as the SI. There is real audio out there.

lol

New Post 10-22-2011 02:31 AM
larrypeters86

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 10-22-2011 by rocksub91
If that's the tightest sub u can get i dont care about the price thanks for the feedback

go over to diy mobile and do a search on si. There's a lot of good info about them.

New Post 10-22-2011 12:00 PM
rocksub91

Even though their 12's SI is still tight? I like 12's the only reason why i never looked at them is because the listener is going to listen to alot of double bass (real fast kick drum in metal) and i heard 12's are great for bass but loose at fast kick drums. If these are good at fast kicks then this is perfect.

New Post 10-22-2011 04:05 PM
larrypeters86

RE:

quote:
Even though their 12's SI is still tight? I like 12's the only reason why i never looked at them is because the listener is going to listen to alot of double bass (real fast kick drum in metal) and i heard 12's are great for bass but loose at fast kick drums. If these are good at fast kicks then this is perfect.

that is just a myth.

New Post 10-22-2011 08:05 PM
rocksub91

Good, what coax speakers are tailored to good mids and treble?

New Post 10-22-2011 09:13 PM
larrypeters86

RE:

quote:
Good, what coax speakers are tailored to good mids and treble?

I'm not really a fan of coax's but there are some good ones. What amp will be powering them? And what size will fit? But most important....What is the budget?

New Post 10-22-2011 10:44 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. pksimon28, from Plainfield, IL. OnYrMrk, from Oklahoma City, OK. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. gmc2002ss, from Baton Rouge, LA. Raglandc, from Grand Rapids, MI. Altbs, from Ligonier, IN. jaboran, from swanton, OH. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting