Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > subs for rock need punch
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
rocksub91

subs for rock need punch

i was going to do a custom fiberglass sealed box for a shallow mount single cab. What subs have a ton of precise punch to them, the kind you would need for metal/rock.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 10-19-2011 03:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rocksub91 Click here to Send rocksub91 a Private Message Find more posts by rocksub91 Add rocksub91 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SINTORMAN

what is the maximum mounting depth for the sub? usually so the magnet of the sub is 1 to 2 inches away from the back of the box.

New Post 10-20-2011 09:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SINTORMAN Click here to Send SINTORMAN a Private Message Find more posts by SINTORMAN Add SINTORMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rocksub91

i can fab a mounting depth for any shallow mount, cant go to full sized. So what shallow mount has the tightest hitting precise bass in a sealed box done to specs.

New Post 10-20-2011 09:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rocksub91 Click here to Send rocksub91 a Private Message Find more posts by rocksub91 Add rocksub91 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

http://stereointegrity.com/index.php?id=47

Probobly the best shallow sub on the planet.

New Post 10-21-2011 10:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SINTORMAN

shallow mount

LP that looks like that costs about 500 dollars. LOL.

New Post 10-21-2011 10:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SINTORMAN Click here to Send SINTORMAN a Private Message Find more posts by SINTORMAN Add SINTORMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 10-21-2011 by SINTORMAN
shallow mount

LP that looks like that costs about 500 dollars. LOL.

Actually around $250 and you can't be serious by posting that MB Quart.

New Post 10-21-2011 10:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SINTORMAN

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 10-21-2011 by larrypeters86

Actually around $250 and you can't be serious by posting that MB Quart.

What do you mean I can't be serious...? Thats a highly regarded sub.

New Post 10-21-2011 10:53 PM
larrypeters86

RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 10-21-2011 by SINTORMAN
What do you mean I can't be serious...? Thats a highly regarded sub.

Not in the same universe as the SI. There is real audio out there.

New Post 10-21-2011 11:04 PM
rocksub91

If that's the tightest sub u can get i dont care about the price thanks for the feedback

New Post 10-22-2011 02:29 AM
SINTORMAN

RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 10-21-2011 by larrypeters86

Not in the same universe as the SI. There is real audio out there.

lol

New Post 10-22-2011 02:31 AM
larrypeters86

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 10-22-2011 by rocksub91
If that's the tightest sub u can get i dont care about the price thanks for the feedback

go over to diy mobile and do a search on si. There's a lot of good info about them.

New Post 10-22-2011 12:00 PM
rocksub91

Even though their 12's SI is still tight? I like 12's the only reason why i never looked at them is because the listener is going to listen to alot of double bass (real fast kick drum in metal) and i heard 12's are great for bass but loose at fast kick drums. If these are good at fast kicks then this is perfect.

New Post 10-22-2011 04:05 PM
larrypeters86

RE:

quote:
Even though their 12's SI is still tight? I like 12's the only reason why i never looked at them is because the listener is going to listen to alot of double bass (real fast kick drum in metal) and i heard 12's are great for bass but loose at fast kick drums. If these are good at fast kicks then this is perfect.

that is just a myth.

New Post 10-22-2011 08:05 PM
rocksub91

Good, what coax speakers are tailored to good mids and treble?

New Post 10-22-2011 09:13 PM
larrypeters86

RE:

quote:
Good, what coax speakers are tailored to good mids and treble?

I'm not really a fan of coax's but there are some good ones. What amp will be powering them? And what size will fit? But most important....What is the budget?

New Post 10-22-2011 10:44 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting