Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Head Units > Speakers and tweets from HU?? can i do this??
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jdallas

Speakers and tweets from HU?? can i do this??

Hey guys i have a friend that wants me to put new speakers in her xterra. she thought the bass was cool and blew hers haha so my questions..

can i run kenwood kfc 6 3/4s and 6/9s and tweets of a headunit with no amp?

i dont want it to sound like s*** but shes killin me with like a 300 budget. ill probly go a little more. but i cant to much. thanks for any suggestions other than telling her shes stupid and to get more cash haha

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 11-06-2011 10:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jdallas Click here to Send jdallas a Private Message Find more posts by jdallas Add jdallas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FRC420

yes, that is perfectly acceptable.. most people just use the HU to run components, tweets etc.

however, for optimal performance you would want to run them off a 4-channel amp since her head unit is most likely 22 watts rms x4.. since the budget is limited right now you can just wire them up straight to the HU and someday when she gets some more cash you can hook her up with a decent mids/highs amp.. BTW if you hook up straight to the HU there's no need for rewiring since the OEM speaker wire goes straight to speakers as-is.. Also since she blew the stock speakers you may want to check her setting on the HU to make sure she doesn't blow these new ones as well ;)

New Post 11-07-2011 12:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for FRC420 Click here to Send FRC420 a Private Message Find more posts by FRC420 Add FRC420 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jdallas

haha ya she figured out she cant have the bass all the way up cuz its cool haha

thanks tho man. i am somewhat new and just just hoping to run some kenwood kfc stuff off an eclipse douple din HU. just hoping it wasnt gunna sound like h*ll.

New Post 11-09-2011 11:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jdallas Click here to Send jdallas a Private Message Find more posts by jdallas Add jdallas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
kaotiksyko, from , CO. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting