Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > need some help here
Go Back Pages (3): [1] 2 3  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
waltdaddy

need some help here

I have a 95 gmc sierra with a under the seat box. was wanting to put 2 12" kicker cvx in it. was wondering if i should leave the box sealed or not. and also what kinda amp to use on them. and would i need a capacitor? any advice would be great thanks

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 11-12-2011 07:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for waltdaddy Click here to Send waltdaddy a Private Message Find more posts by waltdaddy Add waltdaddy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

RE: need some help here

quote:
Originally posted on 11-12-2011 by waltdaddy

I have a 95 gmc sierra with a under the seat box. was wanting to put 2 12" kicker cvx in it. was wondering if i should leave the box sealed or not. and also what kinda amp to use on them. and would i need a capacitor? any advice would be great thanks

Sealed is going to be the best route. A sub will need more airspace when ported which will be difficult under a seat. You can do a whole lot better than the kickers. How much depth do you have to play with?

A good pair of slim subs might be a better option. Although Dayton Subs are rather shallow. I won't reccomend subs until I know what kind of room you have to play with. And you do realize building a box under the seat is not exactly a simple task.

No.....You don't need a cap and actually nobody needs a cap.

New Post 11-12-2011 11:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
waltdaddy

Measurements:  
Width: 57 1/2"
Height: 13 1/2"
Depth: 18"
Face Plate Length: 14"
Airspace: 1.4 Cu.Ft. Per Chamber
Subwoofer Mounting Depth: 7"
box is already installed. but im open for any suggestions. including a different box. also i was wanting a good head unit and amp. thanks

New Post 11-13-2011 09:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for waltdaddy Click here to Send waltdaddy a Private Message Find more posts by waltdaddy Add waltdaddy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

Well....you don't need a shallow sub after all. That's good. Here is a fantastic sub that will put the Kicker to absolute shame.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=293-650

If you get a pair of them....contact TC sounds and check on the sealed box volume they reccomend. You might be a little too big. You can easily add some wood scraps to the inside to add volume. They make an amazing sub....You'll love it.

We never talked about budget so let me know if I go too high. If you get those subs I can make 2 choices for an amp. Actually I can make more depending on budget.

http://www.audioque.com/AQ1200D-Amplifier_p_30.html

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/Sundown-Audio-SAX%252d1200D.html

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/ZED-Audio-Minotaur-Mono-block-amplifier.html

The last amp I linked would be my favorite of all. Not sure if you ever heard of Zed but they are light years ahead of almost any other amp on the market. I might be stretching it but they are amazing to say the least.

As far as hu....It depends on what you need and once again what you want to spend. Ipod connection? Bluetooth? Son on so on

New Post 11-13-2011 10:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
waltdaddy

the subs are def in my price range. the ZED on the other hand may be a little out of reach, but ill be willing to save up for it if its as good as you make it out to be.

as far as HU goes, all of the above would be nice, was leaning toward a flip out

New Post 11-13-2011 10:19 PM
larrypeters86

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 11-13-2011 by waltdaddy

the subs are def in my price range. the ZED on the other hand may be a little out of reach, but ill be willing to save up for it if its as good as you make it out to be.

as far as HU goes, all of the above would be nice, was leaning toward a flip out

Do a search of Zed audio and see what people have to say....Not just me. Actually go to the Zed website and read the bio. Yes....I own as of now.....8 amps made by Zed that I wouldn't part with for my life.

Hu....Single Din or Double? It almost doesn't matter. I run an OS Eclipse but the newer Pioneer,Kenwood and Alpine are all good. What's goin on with the front stage?

New Post 11-13-2011 10:30 PM
waltdaddy

front stage?

New Post 11-13-2011 10:45 PM
mc

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 11-13-2011 by waltdaddy

front stage?

front speakers and yes ZED is nice.

New Post 11-14-2011 07:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mc Click here to Send mc a Private Message Find more posts by mc Add mc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
waltdaddy

all door speakers are stock, and horrible. definately open for suggestions for those too.

New Post 11-14-2011 07:43 PM
Donsway

Dang it's been awhile, how you doing Larry? Walt, Larry is very good at this stuff so you are in very good hands. He is the one that helped me with my Chevy even though he is a Ford guy. (only thing about him I don't really get)

If you ever get the bass bug like I did (I started with a under seat box) pop that seat out and be wowed at all the room that is really back there. Lucky for me I only needed a 3 seater so I put a bucket seat in the middle, and subs on both sides. MAN I LOVE IT!!! 

One thing about these trucks are the grounds from the body to the engine/batt suck so do the Big 3 (lots of info on here about it). It is just upping the size of the wires from the alt. to battery, and the grounds. These trucks are also very easy to make the stereos sound good in so should be nothing but fun for you. Good luck:)

New Post 11-14-2011 10:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Donsway Click here to Send Donsway a Private Message Find more posts by Donsway Add Donsway to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
waltdaddy

Thanks Don. i love the bucket seat in the middle idea. and i checked out the forum with gill getting scammed and i see now i am in good hands.

New Post 11-15-2011 12:37 AM
larrypeters86

My man Don is back!!!! How are ya bud? Good I hope....Back to the thread....I asked about front stage because I hate seeing someone with all bass and they can't hear the words in a song. Fords have 6 x 8 speakers in them but a 6 1/2 will fit easily with an adapter. You can most likely cut your own. I made mine from a plastic cutting board from Wally World. The thing the wife uses in the kitchen. They work great and you don't have to worry about moisture or anything.

I wrote a little something about it here.

http://www.carstereo.com/forum/showthread.cfm?tid=62647&search=plastic%20cutting%20board

Speakers will be a preference of whether you want them just in the front or also behind you. I only use them in the front and it works well. Having rears can confuse your soundstage but to each their own.

A good set of comps like these would be great.

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-6201-ctx65cs-image-dynamics-65-component-speaker-system.aspx

You can probobly get a pair of HAT in the 250 range and it would be well worth it. They make a great speaker.

http://hybrid-audio.com/index.html

You'll also need a 2 channel amp to drive those as well.

Did I mention that this can get expensive?????

New Post 11-15-2011 06:00 AM
waltdaddy

ha i was aware that this could get expensive yes. im also in no huge rush to have all this installed in my truck. so little by little i plan to beef up my system. which of those two would you prefer? and if the HAT, which stage? also i hate to ask, but know any good 2 channel amps? i really do appreciate all the help im getting. thanks

New Post 11-15-2011 10:24 PM
larrypeters86

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 11-15-2011 by waltdaddy

ha i was aware that this could get expensive yes. im also in no huge rush to have all this installed in my truck. so little by little i plan to beef up my system. which of those two would you prefer? and if the HAT, which stage? also i hate to ask, but know any good 2 channel amps? i really do appreciate all the help im getting. thanks

LOL.....I would do the Hat myself. The ID's are really good but the Hat are better. As far as a 2 channel. The 2 channel would be just for a set of comps in the front. If you wanted front and rear you'll need a 4 channel. Just in the front will sound great but like I said it's personal preference. You could skip the other amp I suggested and get the 6 channel Zed.

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-10074-leviathan-ii-zed-audio-6-channel-900w-rms-amplifier.aspx

That would give you 190 for each door with the comps and bridge the other two pairs of channels for the 2 subs. 380 watts for each sub.

You can take a look at the manual here.

http://zedaudiocorp.com/index.php/downloads.html

It would be in the 2012 download.

New Post 11-16-2011 10:26 PM
waltdaddy

and the levi will work better than 2 amps?

New Post 11-16-2011 11:48 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (3): [1] 2 3  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting