Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > Noob question...correct settings for subs?
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ThumpinCutlass

Noob question...correct settings for subs?

Hey im Doug and i just a have a noob question. I just want to know the correct settings for my sound system. right now the subs go Thump buzzz buzz thump. i just want the thumping not the odd buzz afterward. My system includes an Alpine CDE-9870 deck with an 800wat amp and 2 12" subs i think sony. this is the system i received with the car when i purchased it. just dont like the current settings and need help. it has a HPF setting etc and i think an LPF on the amp. I know its not the best so i dont want all those dumb comments on how i should just buy kickers and stuff. im just a high school kid that just whats better sound. Thanks

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 11-22-2011 12:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ThumpinCutlass Click here to Send ThumpinCutlass a Private Message Find more posts by ThumpinCutlass Add ThumpinCutlass to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
riva16

Buzz dont sound good. Start by ensuring the sub is sealed. Ported or non ported box, you need to make sure air isn't leaking from any spots other then port. Amp should be in LPF, obviously for low pass, and if theres a variable knob to adjust the freq., you might want to set it around 100hz. If theres a subsonic filter, you want it around 30hz probably, and if theres a bass boost switch or variable adjust knob, I'd leave it off. If its a knob, a little 1/4 turn shouldn't hurt, but bass boost on a sub amp is something you SHOULDNT have to use... I'd set Gain to about 1/8 a turn, & turn your deck up until your speakers crackle, and back it down a tap or two, then adjust the GAIN until the bass sounds washy, then back it up where it sounds clean. That would be a generic set GAIN, and see how she sounds. Biggest issue with ppl who get systems but dont know alot about it, is they think the GAIN control is a volume knob, and that you just turn it up all the way, or almost all the way. Not good. lol Another issue with buzz might be alternator whine int he signal, which could be from running a power wire along side the RCAs, or just cheap RCA / power cable to begin with. In my experience, a ground loop noise filter will help, but whine can still be present. Hope I helped!

New Post 11-29-2011 11:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for riva16 Click here to Send riva16 a Private Message Find more posts by riva16 Add riva16 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

I would say it's probably air leaking from the terminal cup. I've had to replace the crappy screws that came with mine with thicker wood screws and that solved my buzzing or weird bass frequencies because air was leaking from the sides as well. I sealed that plastic part of the terminal cup inside with silicone

New Post 12-19-2011 08:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting