Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > Need subs for Enclosure - 2001 Chevy Tahoe
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Madooo4u

Need subs for Enclosure - 2001 Chevy Tahoe

o i just ordered the following enclosure for my 2001 Chevy Tahoe: http://caraudiofactory.com/20002006-chevy-tahoe-p-239.html as an Amp i have a 722 rms Rockford Fosgate Amp. I was wondering what Subs i can put in the enclosure... It can only take 10" subs. i was thinking 10" Alpine Type Rs or Kicker CVT104 (Shallow-mount sub). Does anyone know if any other sub would be great? i originally had 2 12" JL W4s in a bandpass box and am hoping for something that hits just as hard. Madooo4u

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 12-05-2011 04:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Madooo4u Click here to Send Madooo4u a Private Message Find more posts by Madooo4u Add Madooo4u to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SentraStyleEMW

Wow...that box is going to flex like crazy.  It is only made of 5/8" MDF.  If you haven't bought the box yet, I wouldn't.  If you have bought it already, just look for a 10" sub that has a mounting depth of 4.5" and that will work well in 0.6ft^3 of air space.  You will also need to know what amp you have to determine what impedance of sub you will need (single 4 ohm, dual 4 ohm, etc.).  You are not going to find a lot of subs that will handle a great deal of power with a mounting depth of 4.5".

New Post 12-05-2011 07:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SentraStyleEMW Click here to Send SentraStyleEMW a Private Message Find more posts by SentraStyleEMW Add SentraStyleEMW to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Madooo4u

Unfortunetly

Well, i have a Rockford Fosgate P6001bd amp which has a born power of 722Rms. The subs that i just picked up (got them for a steel) are 2 10" Alpine Type R. I am def going on a limb at buying the box, but if the enclosure works then it will be very helpful to me because it sux takin the 100+lb box out everytime i go on a family trip. What do you think? The subs will be fine? i know they are under-powered, but i will def upgrade when i have a little more money. Madooo4u

New Post 12-07-2011 03:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Madooo4u Click here to Send Madooo4u a Private Message Find more posts by Madooo4u Add Madooo4u to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Madooo4u

RE: Unfortunetly

quote:
Originally posted on 12-07-2011 by Madooo4u
Well, i have a Rockford Fosgate P6001bd amp which has a born power of 722Rms. The subs that i just picked up (got them for a steel) are 2 10" Alpine Type R. I am def going on a limb at buying the box, but if the enclosure works then it will be very helpful to me because it sux takin the 100+lb box out everytime i go on a family trip. What do you think? The subs will be fine? i know they are under-powered, but i will def upgrade when i have a little more money. Madooo4u

Also, if the Subs areent good, i can always sell them and get more money than what i put in to get them :D

New Post 12-07-2011 03:27 PM
SentraStyleEMW

RE: RE: Unfortunetly

quote:
Originally posted on 12-07-2011 by Madooo4u
Also, if the Subs areent good, i can always sell them and get more money than what i put in to get them :D

Those are very good subs (even under powered they will still get decently loud).  However, they have a mounting depth of 6.8"...a little more than the depth of the box you are looking at which only has a mounting depth allowance of 4.5".

New Post 12-07-2011 05:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SentraStyleEMW Click here to Send SentraStyleEMW a Private Message Find more posts by SentraStyleEMW Add SentraStyleEMW to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Madooo4u

RE: RE: RE: Unfortunetly

quote:
Originally posted on 12-07-2011 by SentraStyleEMW

Those are very good subs (even under powered they will still get decently loud).  However, they have a mounting depth of 6.8"...a little more than the depth of the box you are looking at which only has a mounting depth allowance of 4.5".

so what would you recommend in terms of a sub? I have noticed most kickers, (such as 07CVT10-4) are under 4.5" mounting depth. But are kickers good subs? i am comparing them to JLs W4s (currently own 2 12") and Alpine Type Rs as i have personally heard both of them and they thump hard.

New Post 12-08-2011 03:38 PM
SentraStyleEMW

RE: RE: RE: RE: Unfortunetly

quote:
Originally posted on 12-08-2011 by Madooo4u
so what would you recommend in terms of a sub? I have noticed most kickers, (such as 07CVT10-4) are under 4.5" mounting depth. But are kickers good subs? i am comparing them to JLs W4s (currently own 2 12") and Alpine Type Rs as i have personally heard both of them and they thump hard.

I personally prefer the JL's over the Kickers myself (I have never really been a Kicker fan...they just don't sound good to me IMO and I am more into SQ).  You are really going to be limited as to what will fit.  Have you gone to a local custom shop to see what could be built to accomodate another sub?  It might cost more but will be worth it if you can fit a better sub.

New Post 12-08-2011 04:57 PM
Madooo4u

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Unfortunetly

quote:
Originally posted on 12-08-2011 by SentraStyleEMW

I personally prefer the JL's over the Kickers myself (I have never really been a Kicker fan...they just don't sound good to me IMO and I am more into SQ).  You are really going to be limited as to what will fit.  Have you gone to a local custom shop to see what could be built to accomodate another sub?  It might cost more but will be worth it if you can fit a better sub.

well i could raise the rear seats up 2 inches, however, if i were to ever get into an accident, my insurance wouldnt be covered because i had made modifications to the existing seats. So to decrease any headaches, i have to stick to the original 4.5" mount depth subs. I found some cheap Type R 8"s online. Would there be a huge difference between these and the 10"s? Also i prefer JLs as well, but they are too damn expensive for my blood :D Next to JLs i would prefer Alpine Type Rs and that is why i am lookin at the 8s over the 10s.

New Post 12-08-2011 05:20 PM
Madooo4u

btw... the 8" Type Rs have a mount depth of 4.5"s and produce 350rms each giving me a total of 700 rms, and my amp is 722rms which is perfect. But will these 8's shake my car and be awsome sounding???

New Post 12-08-2011 05:22 PM
SentraStyleEMW

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 12-08-2011 by Madooo4u
btw... the 8" Type Rs have a mount depth of 4.5"s and produce 350rms each giving me a total of 700 rms, and my amp is 722rms which is perfect. But will these 8's shake my car and be awsome sounding???

You would probably get better sound by using a better quality smaller sub vs a larger average sub.  You will most likely have to have a box made (either by yourself or a shop) for the 8's.

New Post 12-08-2011 06:44 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting