Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > 2ohm & 4 ohm type r's
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bigflame20751

2ohm & 4 ohm type r's

I just got my two subs & 1 is 2 ohm & 4ohm I think it looks like this 2u & 4 u how can I wire them or can I wire them down to 1 ohm on my lanzar htg2600d

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 12-16-2011 11:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Bigflame20751 Click here to Send Bigflame20751 a Private Message Find more posts by Bigflame20751 Add Bigflame20751 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FRC420

It's possible but not recommended what-so-ever.. You really need to match the speakers up, such as getting two dual 2-ohm speakers or two dual 4-ohm.. The reason is if you wire the subs up to the amp in series the 2-ohm will read 4-ohms at the amp amp and the 4-ohm will read 8-ohm, thus giving you 6-ohm.. That's not good and can damage the speakers and amp.. By the same token if you hook up in parallel the 2-ohm will read 1-ohm and the 4-ohm will read 2-ohm, giving 3-ohm at the amp.. I suggest you sell one to a friend (or online) who needs a sub and spend the cash on getting another to match the one you have left..

New Post 12-17-2011 01:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for FRC420 Click here to Send FRC420 a Private Message Find more posts by FRC420 Add FRC420 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FRC420

Also if you want to wire to 1-ohm total impedance you would want to sell the dual 2-ohm sub.. because 2 dual 4-ohm subs come to 1-ohm when wired in parallel and 4-ohm when wired in series.. Also, by the same token, 2 dual 2-ohm subs come to 0.5-ohm when wired in parallel, 2-ohm when wired series parallel, and 8-ohm in series..

If you're having troubles following my description just go to the12volt.com and click subwoofer wiring at the top of the page

New Post 12-17-2011 01:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for FRC420 Click here to Send FRC420 a Private Message Find more posts by FRC420 Add FRC420 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MegaPanda

Running at an odd ohm load WILL NOT damage the amp if it is within the amps stable operating range. However, if the subwoofers have different voicecoils they will react differently and will sound like crap if they are in the same enclosure

New Post 12-19-2011 11:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MegaPanda Click here to Send MegaPanda a Private Message Find more posts by MegaPanda Add MegaPanda to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting