Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > OMG....I found my new amp!
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
larrypeters86

OMG....I found my new amp!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 01-08-2012 09:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MegaPanda

Specs?

New Post 01-09-2012 10:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MegaPanda Click here to Send MegaPanda a Private Message Find more posts by MegaPanda Add MegaPanda to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

5 x 6 and 1 by 10. Those are Zuki watts however.

New Post 01-09-2012 08:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1sr

What the hell is it? It makes me smile

New Post 01-09-2012 10:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 1sr Click here to Send 1sr a Private Message Find more posts by 1sr Add 1sr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ianarian

Whats a Zuki watt?

New Post 01-10-2012 04:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ianarian Click here to Send Ianarian a Private Message Find more posts by Ianarian Add Ianarian to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

You guys have never heard of Zuki? They are rated at 8 ohms with the gain turned all the way down.

http://zukiaudio.net/index.html

New Post 01-10-2012 08:15 AM
N2Audio

"with the gain turned all the way down."

Uhhh

New Post 01-10-2012 12:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for N2Audio Click here to Send N2Audio a Private Message Find more posts by N2Audio Add N2Audio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MegaPanda

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 01-10-2012 by larrypeters86

You guys have never heard of Zuki? They are rated at 8 ohms with the gain turned all the way down.

http://zukiaudio.net/index.html

Why dont they rate them by CEA2006 standards???

New Post 01-10-2012 02:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MegaPanda Click here to Send MegaPanda a Private Message Find more posts by MegaPanda Add MegaPanda to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 01-10-2012 by MegaPanda
Why dont they rate them by CEA2006 standards???

Why don't most high end brands waste their money with a rating that means nothing?

New Post 01-10-2012 05:32 PM
larrypeters86

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 01-10-2012 by N2Audio

"with the gain turned all the way down."

Uhhh

Why don't you email him and ask him why? His name is Patrick....anyone that has ever owned one of his amps has no problem with the way he rates them.

New Post 01-10-2012 05:34 PM
MegaPanda

RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 01-10-2012 by larrypeters86
Why don't most high end brands waste their money with a rating that means nothing?

most high end brands will tell you what the amp actually makes so you can match your wattage levels with the rest of your equipment, no need to get sharp over it. We rate our amps by CEA2006 standards because it is an industry standard that customers can easily read and use to match up equipment

New Post 01-11-2012 05:55 PM
larrypeters86

RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 01-11-2012 by MegaPanda
most high end brands will tell you what the amp actually makes so you can match your wattage levels with the rest of your equipment, no need to get sharp over it. We rate our amps by CEA2006 standards because it is an industry standard that customers can easily read and use to match up equipment

Sorry for coming off that way. It wasn't my intent. I don't own Zuki obviously. If i did I really don't think I would have used a rating system like Patrick did. I am only assuming on this but it is probobly a dig at other companies that outright lie and mislead the consumer about the actual output of their amps. I mean you can't say Zuki overrated his on anything. His amps are geared towards the higher end customer that is serious about sound quality. I have never heard a person say that they lacked power to drive any driver they hooked up to one. Including some of the most power hungry drivers on the market like morel.

It's understood that the cea rating is done using a tone and not music. While I agree that it's better than nothing the numbers achieved will most likely never be seen by the average person.

So by your statement above it sounds like you work in the car audio industry. Can I ask what company that is?

New Post 01-11-2012 09:23 PM
MegaPanda

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 01-11-2012 by larrypeters86

Sorry for coming off that way. It wasn't my intent. I don't own Zuki obviously. If i did I really don't think I would have used a rating system like Patrick did. I am only assuming on this but it is probobly a dig at other companies that outright lie and mislead the consumer about the actual output of their amps. I mean you can't say Zuki overrated his on anything. His amps are geared towards the higher end customer that is serious about sound quality. I have never heard a person say that they lacked power to drive any driver they hooked up to one. Including some of the most power hungry drivers on the market like morel.

It's understood that the cea rating is done using a tone and not music. While I agree that it's better than nothing the numbers achieved will most likely never be seen by the average person.

So by your statement above it sounds like you work in the car audio industry. Can I ask what company that is?

Im a tech for MTX :) We rate all of our product by true RMS values (and yes, tone generation is used for wattage testing) I can see why zuki would want to rate their products lower, but a burst sheet with the unit would be nice so you can properly match up the amp with some speakers. All of our amps meet or exceed the stated RMS output, most are about 60 watts underrated :)

New Post 01-12-2012 09:32 AM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting