Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > Beginner Help
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
kraus6451

Beginner Help

So i wired my car stereo a while ago and then sold it all and now i don't remember anything about amps. Could i have any cheap recommendations for a amp to power a Diamond Audio D112D4.2?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 01-27-2012 05:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kraus6451 Click here to Send kraus6451 a Private Message Find more posts by kraus6451 Add kraus6451 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tunerguy1000

RE: Beginner Help

quote:
Originally posted on 01-27-2012 by kraus6451
So i wired my car stereo a while ago and then sold it all and now i don't remember anything about amps. Could i have any cheap recommendations for a amp to power a Diamond Audio D112D4.2?

Welcome to the forum man. Looks like that Diamond Audio subwoofer takes about 200RMS. What's your price range? If your not looking to spend alot of money I'd probably just go to Wal-Mart or an Xplod amp or something. Wal-Mart definetly is no top of the line equipment but hey if your on a budget, it'll do the job lol

New Post 01-30-2012 01:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tunerguy1000 Click here to Send tunerguy1000 a Private Message Find more posts by tunerguy1000 Add tunerguy1000 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kraus6451

RE: RE: Beginner Help

quote:
Originally posted on 01-30-2012 by tunerguy1000

Welcome to the forum man. Looks like that Diamond Audio subwoofer takes about 200RMS. What's your price range? If your not looking to spend alot of money I'd probably just go to Wal-Mart or an Xplod amp or something. Wal-Mart definetly is no top of the line equipment but hey if your on a budget, it'll do the job lol

Hey I was thinking 60-80$ if that can get me something alright. I also read that when using a 4 ohm sub you should need a amp with a different RMS, or are there also 4 ohm amps? Also I've found the sub for 60 dollars from onlinecaraudio.com and is this a reasonable price? and if so I would prefer to get the box and amp from here to get free shipping

New Post 01-30-2012 07:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kraus6451 Click here to Send kraus6451 a Private Message Find more posts by kraus6451 Add kraus6451 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tunerguy1000

RE: RE: RE: Beginner Help

quote:
Originally posted on 01-30-2012 by kraus6451
Hey I was thinking 60-80$ if that can get me something alright. I also read that when using a 4 ohm sub you should need a amp with a different RMS, or are there also 4 ohm amps? Also I've found the sub for 60 dollars from onlinecaraudio.com and is this a reasonable price? and if so I would prefer to get the box and amp from here to get free shipping

The number of voice coils and the way you wire your sub to your amplifier will determine what impendance you run at (4 ohm, 2 ohm, 1 ohm, etc.). Depending on what impendance you run at will determine what RMS wattage your subwoofer will get. Lots of posts on this forum and even sites such as Cructchfield can offer more information on all these topics. There is so much to learn and it's pretty damn fun lol

IMO, you could buy alot better system out there for a better deal. Perhaps you would be interested in some combo packages that some online stores offer.

For example: this kit: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_39826_600W-Kicker-Autotek-Bass-Package.html?from=857

Or if you have a total amount of money you would like to spend, I can try to look up an affordable setup for you.

New Post 01-31-2012 11:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tunerguy1000 Click here to Send tunerguy1000 a Private Message Find more posts by tunerguy1000 Add tunerguy1000 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N2Audio

since it's a dual 4 you have impedance options of either 2 or 8 ohms.

2 ohms will require a mono amp. Anything in the 200-300w rms range would be reasonable IMO.

The other option would be a 2 channel amp which you would bridge to 1 channel. That would usually be done with a 4 ohm load, but it will work fine at 8. You just need to allow for a reduction in power since you would be running at a higher impedance.
For example, an amp that's normally 300w bridged at 4 ohms would probably be in the 200w range bridged at 8.

Some low cost options:
mtx
audiopipe
autotek
cerwin vega - nice amp, a little rough

New Post 01-31-2012 02:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for N2Audio Click here to Send N2Audio a Private Message Find more posts by N2Audio Add N2Audio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kraus6451

Thanks for the help. I think I'm going with this sub, amp, and box for the . But if there are any other recomendations or if i am making a bad decision let me know.

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_19480_Diamond_Audio_D112D42.aspx

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-APSM-1150-AUDIOPIPE-1-CHANNEL-300-WATT-CAR-AMP-/290605663933?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item43a97286bd#ht_3690wt_1163

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_24427_Absolute-MSHF12.html

New Post 02-02-2012 02:58 PM
N2Audio

Looks like a good low budget set up to me.

New Post 02-02-2012 04:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for N2Audio Click here to Send N2Audio a Private Message Find more posts by N2Audio Add N2Audio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kraus6451

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 02-02-2012 by N2Audio
Looks like a good low budget set up to me.

I saw you use a Lanzar sub and if i wanted step up the sound could i wire these up with the same box?

http://www.amazon.com/Lanzar-VBP251-Channel-MOSFET-Amplifier/dp/B0037Z8H2S

http://www.amazon.com/Lanzar-OPTI1234D-Optidrive-Die-Cast-Subwoofer/dp/B0007L8A5Y/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_1

New Post 02-02-2012 05:51 PM
N2Audio

Yep. Lanzar pushed those pretty hard as a small sealed sub - mainly because not that many people want to give up half their cargo area for a sub box.

They work well ported or sealed.

New Post 02-07-2012 04:00 PM
kraus6451

So if i wire this with one of these lanzar subs I will do it at 2 Ohms and turn the amp down to half the watts? Or does the wattage automatically get spit by the two channels leaving one of them at 1100 watts which will work for the sub? Sorry for all the questions but i want to make sure i get the right parts and i am real anxious to get it all set up.

New Post 02-07-2012 05:58 PM
N2Audio

You're looking at the peak power ratings on that amp which are ridiculously misleading.
And on their non-optidrive equipment even the RMS ratings are way off.
That amp uses a pair of 30A fuses so its actual total power output is in the 600-700w rms range. That can be accessed in the form of 350x2 at 2 ohms per channel, or 700x1 at 4 ohms bridged.

If that's the amp you choose to go with I'd go with the 4 ohms bridged option. It would look like this:

That amp would be a long way from the top of my list though.

If you want to give a cheap lanzar a shot check out this one: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_43579_Lanzar-HTG2100D.html
It will give you the most power at 1 ohm (quite a bit more power than the vbp251). The subs would be wired like this:

New Post 02-13-2012 12:13 PM
kraus6451

Hey thanks for all the help i just installed everything but i have a few more questions and am wondering if anyone can answere them.

I used this box http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_24444_Sonic-Sub-Box-1H12-1.0-Gray.html and the sub doesnt seem to hit low sounds when i turn the volume or gain up. I believe it is because i picked a box with a small volume but im not completly sure. What can fix this if possible, if its a setting or something that i can do to alter the box?

New Post 02-22-2012 11:25 AM
tunerguy1000

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 02-22-2012 by kraus6451

Hey thanks for all the help i just installed everything but i have a few more questions and am wondering if anyone can answere them.

I used this box http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_24444_Sonic-Sub-Box-1H12-1.0-Gray.html and the sub doesnt seem to hit low sounds when i turn the volume or gain up. I believe it is because i picked a box with a small volume but im not completly sure. What can fix this if possible, if its a setting or something that i can do to alter the box?

Have you adjusted any of the settings on your amp? (LPF, HPF, etc.).

New Post 03-02-2012 01:27 PM
kraus6451

Ya i have been trying to fix it with that but im not so sure of what each does and the charicteristics each setting will give.

New Post 03-03-2012 06:14 PM
tunerguy1000

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 03-03-2012 by kraus6451

Ya i have been trying to fix it with that but im not so sure of what each does and the charicteristics each setting will give.

http://www.crutchfield.com/learn/car/subwoofers/tuning.html?g=120&tp=115

New Post 03-07-2012 11:16 AM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting