Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > Budget subs
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
d2freak82

Budget subs

Alright trying to do 4-6 low line 10's or 12's @ 1ohm load

I have 1800watts @ 1ohm load.... I really want budget low line stuff as this is more for fun thing than anything.....

Anyone have suggestions so far I'm liking Orion Cobalt 12's (do 4 of 'em)

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 02-03-2012 12:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for d2freak82 Click here to Send d2freak82 a Private Message Find more posts by d2freak82 Add d2freak82 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
d2freak82

also entertaining the idea of 2 15's.... or 2 12's in bandpass instead of 4 in ported so on............... something to play with

New Post 02-03-2012 12:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for d2freak82 Click here to Send d2freak82 a Private Message Find more posts by d2freak82 Add d2freak82 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

Obsidian look pretty good. Considering their lineage they should perform rather well and don't cost an arm and a leg.

New Post 02-03-2012 06:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thunder

Kenwood, Pioneer, and Audiobahn are some of the best values for a budget. Kenwoods tend to handle a tad more power, then Kicker is right there in that same budget too you can get some decent CVRs for $50....

New Post 06-03-2012 06:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Thunder Click here to Send Thunder a Private Message Find more posts by Thunder Add Thunder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

Seriously....Audiobahn is nothing but worthless garbage. I can't count how many systems I have heard with Audiobahn that sounded like total ass. A few of them were co-workers. I tried re-tuning their setups but there were no real tuning issues. A lot of time people don't know how to set up a system properly but it wasn't the case. These guys thought what they had sounded great until they had something real to compare it to.

New Post 06-03-2012 08:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GILLETTE

ill second that comment.  all that stuff sucks, if you go high end brand name but buy their budget line say some SSA dcon subs or something like that you will be in great shape.  dont go to bestbuy!!!!

my opinion dont do 4-6 10"s do 2 15" subs that are 800wrms a piece and you should be in good shape...  i figure what 100.00 a sub for the range you were lookin at. so 400.00-600.00 bucks to spend.  yes do some SA-15" subs and you will be banging.

New Post 06-03-2012 09:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GILLETTE Click here to Send GILLETTE a Private Message Find more posts by GILLETTE Add GILLETTE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting