Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > Kicker DX200.4 burning up speakers
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
The1AndOnlyBug

Kicker DX200.4 burning up speakers

What's going on guys I just purchased a Kicker DX200.4 amp, I connected it to power with a kicker wiring kit, 0 gauge wire 100amp fuse. I made sure I have a good clean ground and good power. I have a yellowtop battery and a 136amp alt. After I got everything connected I hooked up my speakers. An set of older kenwood 6X9's hooked up to amp 2 and a brand new set of Kicker DS65's hooked up to amp 1 I ran it with a single input to amp1. Xover was off, and Gain was set to the middle. It ran for a max of 5 minutes and the kicked into protection mode. Green light would come on immediately turn to red then turn off, and repeat, and repeat.(you get the pic) When I turned it on this morning it was no longer in protect I plugged in my 6X9's and they worked, plugged in my 6.5's and back to protection mode until I unhooked them again. To try to see what the issue is I rechecked every wire and using a new wire connected a old 6X4 to amp 1, first it worked then it kicked into protection mode. I unhooked the wires and bridged amp 1 to that speaker. It worked for about 30 seconds and then burned out the speaker and kicked back into protection mode. (now that my book is over) does anyone have a frigging clue what is going on. I have a multimeter that I can use to get readings if anybody wants them.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 02-06-2012 11:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for The1AndOnlyBug Click here to Send The1AndOnlyBug a Private Message Find more posts by The1AndOnlyBug Add The1AndOnlyBug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The1AndOnlyBug

So I've figured out kicker support are full of fing retards... I tell them the same thing and they tell me to turn on the high pass filter to see if the 6.5's play louder.........

New Post 02-09-2012 10:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for The1AndOnlyBug Click here to Send The1AndOnlyBug a Private Message Find more posts by The1AndOnlyBug Add The1AndOnlyBug to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N2Audio

Sounds to me like you're having consistent issues with the amp1 side, but amp2 is working as it should. Seems like an internal defect w/amp1 from what I can tell.

New Post 02-13-2012 11:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for N2Audio Click here to Send N2Audio a Private Message Find more posts by N2Audio Add N2Audio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The1AndOnlyBug

yeah what I was impressed with is they (being kicker support) told me to go ahead and return the speakers..... didn't say anything about the amp. When I asked what about the amp the guy asked me if I had a oscilloscope.... Really?? Who the hell normally has an oscilloscope

New Post 02-13-2012 07:26 PM
N2Audio

try the retailer.

New Post 02-14-2012 04:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for N2Audio Click here to Send N2Audio a Private Message Find more posts by N2Audio Add N2Audio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The1AndOnlyBug

Well I got the amp and speakers back and hooked up It works great now lol. They fixed the amp, it said on a paper that came with it "reconnected distributors". Finally I have halfway decent sound in my YJ lol

New Post 04-05-2012 02:36 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting