Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > amplifiers
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
alexdeaton1

amplifiers

ok so i have a dual 460w 150w/rms 2 4ohm amp and a 400w dual 50w/rms 2 4ohm now the peak says it pulls 860w total on my car battery. For Christmas this year i got a 2farad capacitor (2000 watts) i took it out of one car and am not sure if i should put it in this one is 860w to much for a 12v battery? should i put the capacitor in?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 02-09-2012 08:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for alexdeaton1 Click here to Send alexdeaton1 a Private Message Find more posts by alexdeaton1 Add alexdeaton1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

RE: amplifiers

quote:
Originally posted on 02-09-2012 by alexdeaton1
ok so i have a dual 460w 150w/rms 2 4ohm amp and a 400w dual 50w/rms 2 4ohm now the peak says it pulls 860w total on my car battery. For Christmas this year i got a 2farad capacitor (2000 watts) i took it out of one car and am not sure if i should put it in this one is 860w to much for a 12v battery? should i put the capacitor in?

It's kinda hard to understand the question here but I'll give it a try. Car amps don't pull watts from the battery. They draw amperage. So...I think you have 2 separate Dual brand amps.....Are you having any issues without the cap in the mix? If you are there is a problem. Depending on the car and the output of the alternator....Nevermind....I don't think Dual makes a set of amps to cause a voltage issue in any car. What vehichle do you have and what are the exact model numbers of the 2 amps?And a cap is really never the answer.

New Post 02-10-2012 11:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alexdeaton1

amp #'s

well right now i really only have the 460 hooked up and its model # is xia2460 but in a diffrent car i had them both hooked up and had a problem with my battery being drained by a short in the car or the amps im not sure witch but the power cap helped i could listen to the radio and get the car to start every time the second amp 400w model # is xpe2700 as far as i know these are very cheap crap amps but i was short on cash so thats what i came up with but anyways with both amps hooked up i couldnt let the car sit for more than a week without needing to charge its battery and im back in school so i have to have a car to get there and i dont want to risk anything do you think i should power cap for safety or is this cap trash its a planet audio pc2.0s 2 farad cap good for 2000w or so ive been told.

New Post 02-11-2012 11:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for alexdeaton1 Click here to Send alexdeaton1 a Private Message Find more posts by alexdeaton1 Add alexdeaton1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

As long as you have a run of 4 g power cable to a distribution block and then run power to each amp you shouldn't have a problem. There should be no need for the cap at all. If anything the cap is acting as a bandaid to a different issue.

New Post 02-11-2012 12:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N2Audio

This is a total of 450w rms. You should be able to run 2x as much on a standard alt/battery with little to no issues. If you have electrical issues with those two amps my guess is it has nothing to do with the amps, OR they were installed incorrectly. I'm running more than 3x as much in a stock taurus with only minor head light dimming at high volume.

New Post 02-13-2012 11:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for N2Audio Click here to Send N2Audio a Private Message Find more posts by N2Audio Add N2Audio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alexdeaton1

ok thanks man i didnt want to hook anything up that i didnt need to for the second amp but i needed to make sure that using the second one wouldnt pull too much from my battery im pretty sure that the last cars problem was it blinkers since they went out as i sold it and it was a 1966 thunderbird so i mean it could have been anything but ive got a new one now and i hevnt put a system in anything this new or even attempted so i was just playin it safe but anyways thanks man you were a lot of help

New Post 02-13-2012 09:11 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting