Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Head Units > Alpine CDE-226BT or Kenwood KDC-BT648U
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Justin3000

Alpine CDE-226BT or Kenwood KDC-BT648U

Hello Everyone, For starters it been years since I have posted here and things seem like they're better than ever. Well that goes without saying that I currently have a Sony MEX-37ooU which is Bluetooth and it absolutely sucks so I need to upgrade. what I am looking for is a Head unit that has great Bluetooth clarity and easy search when using USB, I don't need to have 3 preouts as I would only be amping the fronts and a sub the rears will be running off the deck power. So that being said I am stuck on either the Kenwood KDC-BT648U with built in mic and still parrot technology or the alpine CDE-126BT with external mic and parrot as well. What is the better unit and which has the best overall Quality and Bluetooth Clarity? Thank you

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 02-11-2012 09:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Justin3000 Click here to Send Justin3000 a Private Message Find more posts by Justin3000 Add Justin3000 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SentraStyleEMW

RE: Alpine CDE-226BT or Kenwood KDC-BT648U

quote:
Originally posted on 02-11-2012 by Justin3000
Hello Everyone, For starters it been years since I have posted here and things seem like they're better than ever. Well that goes without saying that I currently have a Sony MEX-37ooU which is Bluetooth and it absolutely sucks so I need to upgrade. what I am looking for is a Head unit that has great Bluetooth clarity and easy search when using USB, I don't need to have 3 preouts as I would only be amping the fronts and a sub the rears will be running off the deck power. So that being said I am stuck on either the Kenwood KDC-BT648U with built in mic and still parrot technology or the alpine CDE-126BT with external mic and parrot as well. What is the better unit and which has the best overall Quality and Bluetooth Clarity? Thank you

I do not have any direct experience with either deck...but it pains me to say that I have been sadly dissapointed with anything Alpine has had to offer with bluetooth.  I did play around with a few Kenwood units with bluetooth, and while I will admit the Alpine layout is much more user friendly, the Kenwood's bluetooth function ran circles around the Alpine (I hate to say this because I am about the biggest Alpine fanboy you will find).

New Post 02-20-2012 02:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SentraStyleEMW Click here to Send SentraStyleEMW a Private Message Find more posts by SentraStyleEMW Add SentraStyleEMW to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Justin3000

Thank you, I am still deciding I did purchase the Kenwood KDC-BT648U and while I liked the functions I was told that the bluetooth sounded like I was in a tunnel or blowing on the deck. So I returned the Kenwood and bought a JVC KD-R820BT and was told it is a little better and I think that's because the External mic. So I guess you can say I am talking advantage of the 30Day policy to see what is best for me and the people I am talking to.. Any recommendations?

New Post 02-20-2012 04:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Justin3000 Click here to Send Justin3000 a Private Message Find more posts by Justin3000 Add Justin3000 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SentraStyleEMW

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 02-20-2012 by Justin3000
Thank you, I am still deciding I did purchase the Kenwood KDC-BT648U and while I liked the functions I was told that the bluetooth sounded like I was in a tunnel or blowing on the deck. So I returned the Kenwood and bought a JVC KD-R820BT and was told it is a little better and I think that's because the External mic. So I guess you can say I am talking advantage of the 30Day policy to see what is best for me and the people I am talking to.. Any recommendations?

Try different positions for the mic.  Most people put them in the middle of the car just under the headliner.  But sometimes you can elimate the bad sound/echoes in the bluetooth.

New Post 02-27-2012 01:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SentraStyleEMW Click here to Send SentraStyleEMW a Private Message Find more posts by SentraStyleEMW Add SentraStyleEMW to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting