Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > W1 or CVR??
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
RokCee

W1 or CVR??

I have a fosgate P500-2 and debating on going with 2 10" JL W1's or the Kicker CVR's. Cost isn't much of a factor and they'll be going under the seat of my f150. Any opinions? Thanks!

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 03-22-2012 06:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for RokCee Click here to Send RokCee a Private Message Find more posts by RokCee Add RokCee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

I'm not sure how much depth you have to deal with but I think you can do better. You have 500 watts at 4 ohms. This single sub will sound light years better and louder than the 2 that you posted.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=293-656

The 12 has a little bit more depth. If you can squeeze it in there go for it. Just one of those subs on the amp you have will shock you in a sealed box.  

New Post 03-22-2012 07:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RokCee

I don't have much depth and I have a dual 10 sub box so would like to stick with that.

New Post 03-22-2012 08:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for RokCee Click here to Send RokCee a Private Message Find more posts by RokCee Add RokCee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 03-22-2012 by RokCee
I don't have much depth and I have a dual 10 sub box so would like to stick with that.

Ok....I can find something else but you're going about this the wrong way. To get the most out of a driver you have to have the driver and then get or build the box that is right for the driver. Every driver needs the correct box volume. So you have a dual 10 box...is it ported or sealed? How many cubic feet is it? You really can take the best sub on the market and put it in the wrong size box and it will sound horrible.

New Post 03-22-2012 08:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

Will 6 inches fit?

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/DCON%252d10-D4-%E2%80%93-Sound-Solutions-Audio-10%22-300W-Dual-4%252dOhm-DCON-Series-Subwoofer.html

New Post 03-22-2012 08:25 PM
RokCee

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 03-22-2012 by larrypeters86

Ok....I can find something else but you're going about this the wrong way. To get the most out of a driver you have to have the driver and then get or build the box that is right for the driver. Every driver needs the correct box volume. So you have a dual 10 box...is it ported or sealed? How many cubic feet is it? You really can take the best sub on the market and put it in the wrong size box and it will sound horrible.

I understand what you're saying but I already had the amp and having a "custom" built box just wasn't worth it to me. I'm really just looking to add some descent bass when I decide to turn the music up which is very seldom. The box is sealed, has .7 cu ft per compartment, and my max depth is 5.25" Thank you for your input.

New Post 03-23-2012 11:55 AM
larrypeters86

That depth is gonna make this a little tough. However I found a few. Dayton makes a great sub.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=295-442

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-9397-10wx-4-jl-audio-10-200w-4-ohm-wx-subwoofer.aspx

New Post 03-24-2012 09:37 PM
SentraStyleEMW

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 03-22-2012 by larrypeters86

Will 6 inches fit?

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/DCON%252d10-D4-%E2%80%93-Sound-Solutions-Audio-10%22-300W-Dual-4%252dOhm-DCON-Series-Subwoofer.html

hahaha...for a second there, I thought I was on the wrong forum.

New Post 03-25-2012 11:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SentraStyleEMW Click here to Send SentraStyleEMW a Private Message Find more posts by SentraStyleEMW Add SentraStyleEMW to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 03-25-2012 by SentraStyleEMW

hahaha...for a second there, I thought I was on the wrong forum.

You have issues.

New Post 03-26-2012 08:45 AM
RokCee

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 03-24-2012 by larrypeters86

That depth is gonna make this a little tough. However I found a few. Dayton makes a great sub.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=295-442

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-9397-10wx-4-jl-audio-10-200w-4-ohm-wx-subwoofer.aspx

Great reviews on both of those but for the price and my application I'm going to try out those JL WX. Thanks for all your help! :)

New Post 03-26-2012 12:32 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting