Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > Needing help with the numbers
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Towleyyy

Needing help with the numbers

So this is my first car audio install, and I have zero experience with determining what Amps with work with which Subs and so on. Im on a couple hundered dollar budget so i'm not looking to go all out, I just want to get a decent "bump". I was thinking about getting two Pioneer TS-W304R Champion Series 12" Single 4 Ohm 1300W Subwoofers but I have no idea what kind of Amplifier to get so that I can power these efficiently (assuming I wire them in parallel). Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 03-25-2012 09:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Towleyyy Click here to Send Towleyyy a Private Message Find more posts by Towleyyy Add Towleyyy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

Those subs are actually junk. Get one of these.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/DCON%252d12-D4-%E2%80%93-Sound-Solutions-Audio-12%22-300W-Dual-4%252dOhm-DCON-Series-Subwoofer.html

And this amp.

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-9966-fx1400-mb-quart-400w-rms-1-channel-monoblock-formula-series-amplifier.aspx

Get yourself a good ported box and that will blow away the pair of Pioneer's. 

New Post 03-25-2012 10:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Towleyyy

Yeah, after reading some more reviews I see that those aren't very good. Thanks.

New Post 03-25-2012 10:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Towleyyy Click here to Send Towleyyy a Private Message Find more posts by Towleyyy Add Towleyyy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Towleyyy

Could that amp power 2 of those Subs?

New Post 03-25-2012 10:14 PM
larrypeters86

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 03-25-2012 by Towleyyy

Could that amp power 2 of those Subs?

No....If you give me a budget I can come up with something else.

New Post 03-25-2012 10:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Towleyyy

What can you do with $400?

New Post 03-25-2012 10:31 PM
larrypeters86

I think you might have the idea that 2 subs are always better. It's not always true. I would much rather have one higher quality driver with the right power and right box over 2 of lesser quality. If you want an upgrade over that setup try this.

Sub

You would get a dual 2 ohm coil.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/Sundown-Audio-SA%252d12.html

amp

http://www.audioque.com/AQ750-Amplifier_p_46.html

New Post 03-25-2012 10:33 PM
Towleyyy

Thanks for all of the help, do you have any recomendations for ported boxes?

New Post 03-25-2012 10:43 PM
larrypeters86

RE:

quote:

Thanks for all of the help, do you have any recomendations for ported boxes?

I would follow exactly what SSA says. 1.75 cubes I believe ported to about 30-32hz. It will sound unreal. Look around on their forum. I believe they have box plans posted. Come back and let me know what you think when you get it all done. You won't be dissapointed. Both the sub and amp are very high quality. Just build the box right and you're set.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/

New Post 03-25-2012 10:48 PM
Towleyyy

Ill definitly be sure to. One last thing, if a box has 1.75 cu ft is it safe to assume its close to 32 hertz or can it vary?

New Post 03-25-2012 11:18 PM
larrypeters86

RE:

quote:

Ill definitly be sure to. One last thing, if a box has 1.75 cu ft is it safe to assume its close to 32 hertz or can it vary?

The 1.75 is the internal volume of the box. The lengh and width of the port determine the tuning.

New Post 03-26-2012 08:12 AM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting