Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > 10" shallow mount vs 8" regular sub
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
GoBucks!

I have an S-10 extended cab that I want to build a small box, about .4 to .5 cubic ft max. The sub will mount against the back cab wall and face forward behind the driver's seat. I want to continue to use the extended cab for the kids to ride in the jump seat and for my golf clubs. I have been researching several shallow mount 10" woofers. I thought my decision was made to buy an MB Quart RPL254 shallow mount, but found out it is a 4 ohm dual voice coil. My Crossfire VR302 is not stable at 2 ohm mono. So two questions based on my needs of 4 ohm mono sub and 300 watts: 1) suggestions for a 10" shallow mount sub with the most output and quality bass 2) will a conventional 8" woofer outplay most 10" shallow mounts? May try to install two 8" subs. Suggestions for 8" woofers with minimal mounting depth. I appreciate any help.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 03-31-2012 04:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GoBucks! Click here to Send GoBucks! a Private Message Find more posts by GoBucks! Add GoBucks! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jaboran

elemental e3.8 good company and good stuff. i bought my bro a pair of their 6.5" subs a few years back and was happy with how they sounded in his single cab ranger... not incredibly loud, but they dipped pretty low

and fr $40 its a good price

by the way, my brother was used to 10 and 12" subs, so we were both a little apprehensive about getting such a small subwoofer, but were very pleased to say the least

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 04-07-2012 02:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jaboran Click here to Send jaboran a Private Message Find more posts by jaboran Add jaboran to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. scms, from Abu Dhabi, AZ. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. Andrew, from Linden, MI. hispls, from , MA. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. coolypr, from Winkler, MB. kaotiksyko, from , CO. taz61999, from kalamazoo, MI. Danz19899, from oxford, MA. the14u36, from Ottawa, ON. hiace11, from , AL. jaboran, from swanton, OH. SigmaManiac, from , AL. d2freak82, from Moundridge, KS. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting