Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > 10" shallow mount vs 8" regular sub
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
GoBucks!

I have an S-10 extended cab that I want to build a small box, about .4 to .5 cubic ft max. The sub will mount against the back cab wall and face forward behind the driver's seat. I want to continue to use the extended cab for the kids to ride in the jump seat and for my golf clubs. I have been researching several shallow mount 10" woofers. I thought my decision was made to buy an MB Quart RPL254 shallow mount, but found out it is a 4 ohm dual voice coil. My Crossfire VR302 is not stable at 2 ohm mono. So two questions based on my needs of 4 ohm mono sub and 300 watts: 1) suggestions for a 10" shallow mount sub with the most output and quality bass 2) will a conventional 8" woofer outplay most 10" shallow mounts? May try to install two 8" subs. Suggestions for 8" woofers with minimal mounting depth. I appreciate any help.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 03-31-2012 04:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GoBucks! Click here to Send GoBucks! a Private Message Find more posts by GoBucks! Add GoBucks! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jaboran

elemental e3.8 good company and good stuff. i bought my bro a pair of their 6.5" subs a few years back and was happy with how they sounded in his single cab ranger... not incredibly loud, but they dipped pretty low

and fr $40 its a good price

by the way, my brother was used to 10 and 12" subs, so we were both a little apprehensive about getting such a small subwoofer, but were very pleased to say the least

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 04-07-2012 02:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jaboran Click here to Send jaboran a Private Message Find more posts by jaboran Add jaboran to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
highwaymanace, from Geelong, VA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. grrcracker, from cincinnati, OH. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. 8ball, from udine, AL. adi, from Perth Australia, NY. deepbass69, from Putnam, CT. Slayer666, from Sherbrooke, PQ. ALLABOUTSOUNDQ, from Beaverton, OR. Bnuts, from Edmonton, AB. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. skulliwulli, from Austin, TX. krayzie019, from Park City, IL. #1audio, from newport, NC. jaboran, from swanton, OH. jacksondog215, from phila, PA. danthesk8er, from , AL. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting