Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > TC sounds
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
waltdaddy

TC sounds

I now have a 1986 cutlass supreme that needs some bump. I was thinking about a LMS-R 12 in either a good bandpass or a T line. But open for all suggestions. Im not looking for huge SPL since its also my daily driver. Also this is my first car and i was just wondering, is it necessary to put the beats in the trunk or can i put it in the back seat area?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 04-07-2012 09:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for waltdaddy Click here to Send waltdaddy a Private Message Find more posts by waltdaddy Add waltdaddy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
waltdaddy

was thinking about contacting ram designs once i figure out which kinda box i want. any advice or help would be great, also, if not having a box made i was thinking maybe the obcon freak series enclosures... are they worth what you pay for them?

New Post 04-08-2012 03:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for waltdaddy Click here to Send waltdaddy a Private Message Find more posts by waltdaddy Add waltdaddy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
waltdaddy

bump

New Post 04-08-2012 05:14 PM
waltdaddy

bump

New Post 04-08-2012 05:15 PM
waltdaddy

bump bump

New Post 04-08-2012 05:15 PM
jaboran

u should TOTALLY put it in your back seat area. it keeps the bass in the cabin and makes it so much easier for thieves to notice and steal it!

honestly though,if its ur first car, build a ported box tuned around 34-38hz. it will get loud and low. and for gods sake, put it in the trunk, the last thing u want is people to see a ghetto ass install sitting on your back seat

New Post 04-10-2012 10:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jaboran Click here to Send jaboran a Private Message Find more posts by jaboran Add jaboran to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
waltdaddy

Im not worried about thieves. so your saying if someone has an SUV they should hide their speakers under a blanket or something so people wont see it and steal it? negative, but i appreciate your concern. my car stays parked in my garage. im more focused on which sounds better, bass in the trunk or in the cabin

New Post 04-11-2012 01:17 AM
jaboran

no.. im saying unless u make a custom install and remove your rear seats.. you know what.. nevermind.. think what u want to think.. you're an idiot

New Post 04-11-2012 10:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jaboran Click here to Send jaboran a Private Message Find more posts by jaboran Add jaboran to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
waltdaddy

thanks for the help man

New Post 04-12-2012 01:02 AM
waltdaddy

can someone lend me some help here? instead of insulting someone new to car audio asking for advice?

New Post 04-12-2012 01:11 AM
larrypeters86

Jab gave you good advice. I would suggest listening to him.

New Post 04-12-2012 08:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
waltdaddy

ok so bass in the back seat is a no go. Who would be good to contact for a custom box? i have been reading around and found that i may be leaning to PWK or Ram Designs. Are there any other good box builders that i should contact instead? or am i on the right track with the two i mentioned?

New Post 04-13-2012 12:13 AM
jaboran

yes. its better to have your back seat folded down than to have a box on your seat, unless u really want to remove the rear seat and build a box to take up the back section of your cabin

by the way, i never mentioned anything about thieves.. i was merely stating it looks rediculous to have a subwoofer box inside of a sedan cabin and it would call for a lot of ridicule

you're on the right track now tho

not to put a plug in or anything, but i can build custom boxes either fiberglass or mdf.. if you want a quote feel free to contact me at jaboran1@yahoo.com

New Post 04-14-2012 01:26 PM
waltdaddy

"u should TOTALLY put it in your back seat area. it keeps the bass in the cabin and makes it so much easier for thieves to notice and steal it!"

What kind of box should i go with then? this IS my first car, yes, but not my first vehicle and not my first system. But this will be my second system that i really put forth effort into the design and build of it.

Im obviously new to car audio so stupid questions should be expected from me. haha. as far as the ridicule and people seeing the box in the cabin, im not worried about what they think about my install. its my install. like i said im more concerned about what sounds better.

Im not above removing the back seat and having a custom fit box installed.

also im torn between the axis 12 and the lmsr 12

New Post 04-14-2012 02:48 PM
jaboran

if i remember right those were the tc2000 and tc3000 sub.. both are great subs... both have the same powerhandling, but the box sizes vary from one to the other? ... regardless, i personally would recommend the axis..something about a 40lb woofer motor makes me drool, and it doesnt need a huge box to sound great :D.. and there isnt much of a price difference

put the box int he trunk, face it towards the back at least 15" from the wall and u'll be happy

New Post 04-15-2012 12:09 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting