Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Head Units > New here, looking for some help with finding a new deck...
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
WalterEKurtz

New here, looking for some help with finding a new deck...

First off, glad I found this place as it looks like a lot of people come here, and very friendly. Perfect timing too cause I really need some help finding the right stereo for my car. This will be my 3rd head unit in my 2000 Wrangler. The first broke, but I had it in warranty from Best Buy, so I got another, around 2006, Sony (don't remember the #) and that one increasingly degraded until it completely stopped working. Now I am looking for quite a specific set of features for my new one: ***1) HD Radio*** ***2) Don't really need a CD player...*** ***3) Would like a USB port on the front, also an AUX, but that can be done through the back of the unit, and run the wire, which is what I have now.*** ***4) Not just monochrome or like 2 color screen, I want one that has a full color screen. I remember Alpine had one, screen was probably like 1.5"x1.5". Doesn't need to be big, or have GPS, just something so I can see clearly what is playing. (This can be worked with a little, the one I linked above is a good example of a good screen without being full color...)*** ***5) Detachable front face.*** ***6) Bluetooth for my Android phone (How does this work exactly? Just turn on your BT on your phone and the voice calls will go through the speakers? Also, what about music through BT? Does that work?*** ***7) $$$ would like to have it be <$150, preferably <$100... (I know the one I linked is $200, but I'd like to try and find something a little cheaper.)*** Any help at all would be great. Some of the features I can compromise on, but the real big ones are HD Radio (it seems worth it to me, I live in Chicago so I get a lot of stations. Anyone have any objections to this?) and a nice screen, not just the 7-segment type displays. Thank you! EDIT: :( Wow can't format it for paragraphs? Am I doing something wrong?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 04-24-2012 01:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for WalterEKurtz Click here to Send WalterEKurtz a Private Message Find more posts by WalterEKurtz Add WalterEKurtz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting