Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > 2000 rms @ 1 ohm
Go Back Pages (3): [1] 2 3  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
scionguy75

2000 rms @ 1 ohm

Just bought 2 treo ssx 12s looking for a good quality amp that will do 2000 rms into 1 ohm for each sub don't want to go over 500 each if at all possible.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 05-22-2012 09:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for scionguy75 Click here to Send scionguy75 a Private Message Find more posts by scionguy75 Add scionguy75 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GILLETTE

why would you ask for advice about selecting some subs but then not even wait for a reply before buying some. I dont understand what you are trying to accomplish. If i go out of my way to try to help you i may just be completely wasting my time and i dont like that, by the time i post this you may say oh i got the amp now i need component speakers.... i want to help people who really want help or i want to give my input to those that want my input.

as far as selection between the 3500 series dds and those treo subs, you will be capable of a lot more dbs with the treo subs

for $500 or less id would look into Audioque, sister company to dd, the aq2200.1d is not bad for the price, look at crescendo as well, they have decent amps for budget buyers. in other words if i was looking for an amp with posted specs of 2kwrms at 1ohm then those amps i would look at first. on the same token, a sundown 1500w will run you about the same money and will be more or less same output but they are said to be rock solid amps meaning that i would trust the quality and durability over the Aq and crescendo amp. if i had $650 to blow on an amp i would not look at specs but history of the amp/company and i would buy the Zed audio 1000w mono amp i believe it is called the minotar or something. that amp is going to be my next sub amp and if its not enough power i will use it and save up for a second one...

that is just my feedback, which is what i assume you are looking for is it not...

New Post 05-23-2012 12:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GILLETTE Click here to Send GILLETTE a Private Message Find more posts by GILLETTE Add GILLETTE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GILLETTE

let me get this straight, you plan to get 2 2kwrms amps???? why not just get a 4kwrms amp and save the tuning and aligning hassle. the scar 4500w amp is cool, sundown has a monster that will do the job, as does Aq, they have a 3500w-er for under a grand which should do you good.

may i inquire as to how you are going to properly feed these monster amps and in what vehicle. this is going to be an epic build by the sound of it i want details please......

New Post 05-23-2012 12:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GILLETTE Click here to Send GILLETTE a Private Message Find more posts by GILLETTE Add GILLETTE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scionguy75

Well first off sorry to post so much. I have decided to go with 2 12" treo ssx dual 2 ohm coils price seems fair at 239 each. Amps not sure about going to do research on the ones you mentioned about. as for the car I have a 05 scion xb all stock. My electrical I was told I didn't need to upgrade with only 4000 watts just needed to use 0 gauge wire.

New Post 05-23-2012 06:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for scionguy75 Click here to Send scionguy75 a Private Message Find more posts by scionguy75 Add scionguy75 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GILLETTE

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 05-23-2012 by scionguy75
Well first off sorry to post so much. I have decided to go with 2 12" treo ssx dual 2 ohm coils price seems fair at 239 each. Amps not sure about going to do research on the ones you mentioned about. as for the car I have a 05 scion xb all stock. My electrical I was told I didn't need to upgrade with only 4000 watts just needed to use 0 gauge wire.

I like Scions, and 2 of those 12"s is going to be amazing. The price you paid for those subs is a steal, good job snatching those up. Good luck researching the amps. And who ever told you that your scion can feed 4kwrms is high. the factory alternator is maybe around 100amps at best and your vehicle uses like half of that to power its self. and to run 4k you will need at up around 230amps. you will need to upgrade your alternator to the best you can find. and then run 0gauge big three'd.

If i were you mister, first place i would look for an amp is Audioque, aq3500.1d, under powered for what specs you are looking for but. honestly friend, i personally think that you are going to struggle to properly feed an amp with the scion electrical. bang for buck the AQ is a pretty sweet package.

New Post 05-23-2012 09:00 AM
larrypeters86

Like Gillette said  4000 watts on stock electrical is nowhere realistic. I would love to have a word with the person that misled you into thinking that. You could maybe get away with 12-1500 max. Just curious....you want 4000 on bass but what kind of front stage power do you have planned to make it sound like something? Youre not gonna ride around with all that bass and your front stage on hu power? Are you?

New Post 05-23-2012 09:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scionguy75

Well to be honest I'm doing that now. I have 4 10" Rockford p1s powered by 2 300.2 Rockford amps with the rest factory and it doesn't sound that bad. I am new to this car audio thing I really didn't think about the front stage

New Post 05-24-2012 06:31 AM
GILLETTE

600watts to bass end is not a bad ratio to a factory front stage. however you are planing on jumping from 600w to 4000w, that is multiplying your bass end by 6 times, you will drown out the mid high range it you leave it factoy. you need to multiply your front stage power equally to maintain the same ratio for the bass and midrange.....

New Post 05-24-2012 09:50 AM
scionguy75

Any suggestions to as to which company's I should look into? Or how much power I should use?

New Post 05-24-2012 11:10 AM
larrypeters86

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 05-24-2012 by scionguy75
Any suggestions to as to which company's I should look into? Or how much power I should use?

Having a balanced system with that much bass is going to get very very expensive. I would really suggest re thinking the whole thing. Like I said before you could be in the 12- 1500 watt range on stock electrical. that's total watts between subs and front stage. get one good 12 and go from there. 

Sub amp- http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/Sundown-Audio-SAX%252d1200D.html

Sub-http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/ICON%252d12-D2-%E2%80%93-Sound-Solutions-Audio-12%22-1250W-Dual-2%252dOhm-ICON-Series-Subwoofer.html

New Post 05-24-2012 11:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 05-24-2012 by larrypeters86

Having a balanced system with that much bass is going to get very very expensive. I would really suggest re thinking the whole thing. Like I said before you could be in the 12- 1500 watt range on stock electrical. that's total watts between subs and front stage. get one good 12 and go from there. 

Sub amp- http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/Sundown-Audio-SAX%252d1200D.html

Sub-http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/ICON%252d12-D2-%E2%80%93-Sound-Solutions-Audio-12%22-1250W-Dual-2%252dOhm-ICON-Series-Subwoofer.html

Start there. that amp driving that sub in a well designed box will make you shit your pants.

Front stage amp-http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/Sundown-Audio-SAX%252d100.4.html

A set of components for the front- http://www.woofersetc.com/p-9996-hd-62m6-cdt-audio-65-2-way-midrange-speaker-system.aspx

New Post 05-24-2012 11:57 AM
larrypeters86

You can run the amp in 2 channel mode and have balls of power for the comps but i would look into going active and powering the mids and tweets individually on the 4 channels of the amp. that setup would sound killer.

New Post 05-24-2012 11:58 AM
GILLETTE

Audioque has a nice little 4channel and also a nice 1200w sub amp, they are not bad, if you are budget shipping. if you go to SSAudio.com and link to the store, SKAR is not going to be bad either they have a nice 4channel amp as well. If you are not on a tight budget sundown, is amazing or maybe best sir is going to be Zed audio, my future amps.....lol

New Post 05-25-2012 12:30 AM
larrypeters86

Gillette......did you see the thread i posted in the hu section? It got bumped down a few by the golf moron.

New Post 05-25-2012 09:31 AM
scionguy75

I checked out those saz and aq amps they look good. My friend said I should check out the re xtx5000.1 and prob get 2 of those to run my subs... Good quality for the price 320 each?

New Post 05-29-2012 12:30 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (3): [1] 2 3  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. kaotiksyko, from , CO. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting