Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > Questionable Enclosure Specs. Need advice
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
RG3

Questionable Enclosure Specs. Need advice

My car was totaled by hurricane sandy. I use to have 2 15" Soundstream T5. Not only did they sound great, but they were built very sturdy. Each weighted 50 pounds, and these were 1,000 RMS . My friend is helping and gave me 2 of his older subs. He barely used them, and upgraded for obvious reasons. They are Boss P12DVC 4 ohm . I am trying to compare my old T-5's performance : box recommendations to my new Boss P12DVC box recommendations . I am not familiar with boss, but I know they don't put out 1,000 RMS like stated on the box and their website. My old subs put out 1,000rm and were like 4x the size, and were 15" not 12". lol . http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/ballaman411/DSCN0457.jpg . Sound stream suggested I put them in my 15" T-5's in a 2.5 cu ft. vented box . Here is where I get confused: The Vented Enclosure Boss suggests for the P12DVC is the same size suggested by my soudstream t-5's. This is from Boss's website : "Ported Enclosure: Small = 2.2 CuFt Large = 4 CuFt" . Now, I believe that would be a reasonable range for true 1,000RMS subwoofer. . Is Boss just doubling down, and sticking with their over inflated numbers, and recommending a box based on those inflated numbers? . Usually a 300RMS subwoofer would be put in a vented 1.5 cubic foot box. . What size of vented enclosure should i get? Maybe someone has these. Hey maybe they really do put out 1,000rms. But I doubt it. . What size vented box should I build? Should I trust Boss's recommended enclosure specs? . I noticed alot of Q's get viewed, but no replies. Don't hesitate to throw your 2 cents in. .

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 12-09-2012 04:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for RG3 Click here to Send RG3 a Private Message Find more posts by RG3 Add RG3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. kaotiksyko, from , CO. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting