Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > Mrp-m1000 internal component running temps?
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ryley999

Mrp-m1000 internal component running temps?

hey everyone, i have a few questions about my mrp-m1000, probably gonna be more directed to someone who knows about the MRP-Mxxx series. but here we go lol i bought an mrp-m1000, used off kijiji , didnt bother testing it b4 i bought it, sure enough when i got home, hooked it up, light came on, but of course my luck, no output at all, so i opened it up, took off the clamps on the outputs and b4 i even started testing anything i noticed two of the 8 outputs had different markings on them, all 8 are irf3415's, so i assumed they were manufactured at a different time then the rest so right away i figured they were gone and sure enough i pulled them and they were fried. so i put it back together with the two blown transistors out, fired it up with a bench psu, and it worked, so i ordered new ones and replaced them, ( don't worried i replaced all 8 and they are all identical now so the same crap dont happen again) anyways so it is all working again, but i noticed that some of the parts inside run Pretty hot even just at a decent listening volume, i read on another forum that the output coils and a d600 transistor run extremely hot and thats why hes wasn't surprised that hes has seen alot of problems with these amps.so when i put the amp back together i put some thermal compound on the d600 because there was none from the factory and that helped some. but what im trying to get at is, should the output coils be getting warm even when im not putting any signal threw it? Sorry for the Long ramble i just figured i might as well stick the whole story in there LOL, i just figured i shoudl ask b4 i go put it in the car then find out there may be something wrong with it and have to pull it again lol, thank u in advanced to anyone with any info on this :)

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 08-15-2013 10:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ryley999 Click here to Send ryley999 a Private Message Find more posts by ryley999 Add ryley999 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ryley999

update

well, i went ahead and put it in the car, been running it @ 1ohm and it has been holding out great, so i guess the internal temps are alright

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 09-09-2013 01:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ryley999 Click here to Send ryley999 a Private Message Find more posts by ryley999 Add ryley999 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. kaotiksyko, from , CO. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting