Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Video & Multimedia > installation of kenwood LZ700W 7" monitor
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
tainatongo

installation of kenwood LZ700W 7" monitor

I bought a kenwood LZ700W 7" monitor and want to install it in my headrest. I have a 2000 chevy tahoe. Is there an aftermarket headrest kit for this particular monitor? Or if there is anyone who has knowledge of installing this particular monitor? Your repsonses are greatly appreciated.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 02-24-2003 05:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tainatongo Click here to Send tainatongo a Private Message Find more posts by tainatongo Add tainatongo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Leweyb

No idea, but if you have the mounting bracket

Want to sell the mounting bracket that came with it? Send me a digital pic of it, you wont need it to set them into your head rests. OPen the leather from the bottom. Use a sharpie and trace the monitor in the foam, cut the foam to recess the monitors into the foam almost flust. Then x the leather slightly smaller then the height and width, run the wires through and then reassemble the leather over the headrest then the unit into the headres with a strip of wither double sided tape or velcro..poof Email me at Leweyb93@msn.com. I need that bracket!

New Post 04-26-2003 08:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Leweyb Click here to Send Leweyb a Private Message Find more posts by Leweyb Add Leweyb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blaze

RE: installation of kenwood LZ700W 7

quote:
Originally posted on 02-24-2003 by tainatongo
I bought a kenwood LZ700W 7" monitor and want to install it in my headrest. I have a 2000 chevy tahoe. Is there an aftermarket headrest kit for this particular monitor? Or if there is anyone who has knowledge of installing this particular monitor? Your repsonses are greatly appreciated.

Just a question for you. Why whould you want to insall that monitor in a head rest? It has built in speakers and it is a touch screen monitor. That should be the "brain" of your system. I would just get cheaper "slimmer" screens for the head rest(s). The LZ 700W is pretty thick compared to screens specifically designed for the head rest application. Just something to ponder. ...Blaze...

New Post 06-05-2003 10:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Blaze Click here to Send Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Blaze Add Blaze to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tainatongo

I wanted to install the monitors because I was pretty much trying to keep everything kenwood. Plus the speakers aren't that great in the monitor.so I am using my stereo system for audio sounds. Another bonus was that the monitors were touch screen no need for remotes like other head rest monitors. Which means no worrying about losing remotes.I have seen other vehicles in magazines with same model monitors installed in the headrest and I tried to find somebody local to my area finding out some wouldn't do it and the ones that would are charging a lot to install them. So I decided to try it myself. Which I have a pretty good idea of how I am going to install them.

New Post 06-05-2003 11:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tainatongo Click here to Send tainatongo a Private Message Find more posts by tainatongo Add tainatongo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blaze

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 06-05-2003 by tainatongo
I wanted to install the monitors because I was pretty much trying to keep everything kenwood. Plus the speakers aren't that great in the monitor.so I am using my stereo system for audio sounds. Another bonus was that the monitors were touch screen no need for remotes like other head rest monitors. Which means no worrying about losing remotes.I have seen other vehicles in magazines with same model monitors installed in the headrest and I tried to find somebody local to my area finding out some wouldn't do it and the ones that would are charging a lot to install them. So I decided to try it myself. Which I have a pretty good idea of how I am going to install them.

That's cool. I was just wondering because I just bought the same monitor. It looks a bit thicker but, I guess it shouldn't be a problem for your particular vehicle. The head rests on those cars are pretty thick. Just becareful working with the leather. If you have a hole too big it won't look professional.

Take your time, I have seen far too many people do the whole job and then realize the LCD was slightly crooked but they failed to notice that.

As long as you pay attention to detail. You should be fine.

GOOD LUCK! :D

...Blaze...

New Post 06-05-2003 11:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Blaze Click here to Send Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Blaze Add Blaze to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
papaluv

What are the dimensions of the LZ700W?

I am considering putting the LZ700W in the double din sized space where the stock radio currently resides in my Silverado SS. Im just not sure about the fit. I think I would like the permanent screen in there so it looks factory, instead of the flip screen head unit...what do you guys think?

New Post 07-11-2003 04:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for papaluv Click here to Send papaluv a Private Message Find more posts by papaluv Add papaluv to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blaze

RE: What are the dimensions of the LZ700W?

quote:
Originally posted on 07-11-2003 by papaluv
I am considering putting the LZ700W in the double din sized space where the stock radio currently resides in my Silverado SS. Im just not sure about the fit. I think I would like the permanent screen in there so it looks factory, instead of the flip screen head unit...what do you guys think?

Dimensions and Weight (Kenwood LZ-700W)

Width : 8-3/16"
Height : 5"
Depth : 1-9/16"
Weight : 1.4 lb

New Post 07-14-2003 11:24 AM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting