Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > massive audio subs anyone ever heard of em
Go Back Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
lars74

massive audio subs anyone ever heard of em

i have a friend at work that says he has some massive audio subs 12's and they rock so he says. anyone ever heard of this massive audio are there subs that good.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 06-25-2004 09:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lars74 Click here to Send lars74 a Private Message Find more posts by lars74 Add lars74 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
meanman101

Dont hear too much about them on this board, but they are some of the hottest subs on the market today. Those subs in the proper box hit very hard. Excellent choice. http://www.splbassx.com/forums/

New Post 07-02-2004 01:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for meanman101 Click here to Send meanman101 a Private Message Find more posts by meanman101 Add meanman101 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mxracer721

wow yea i just bought 2 12" RW stage 2 massive subs. they are amazing for the price. I got each for $109 and i have a concept amp pushing 200 watts to each sub and they subs can handle 400 RMS. VERY nice, sound is better than anything for the price. They got a crazy 15" sub also that can take 3000 watts RMS. Pretty crazy stuff. I was gonna buy a pair on Fosgate P2's but the massives sound WAY better. OH yea, put them in a slot ported box and they hit freakin hard.

New Post 07-09-2004 01:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mxracer721 Click here to Send mxracer721 a Private Message Find more posts by mxracer721 Add mxracer721 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dynamic_Sound2003

DYNAMIC SOUND Car Audio, Video, and Performance

quote:
Originally posted on 07-09-2004 by mxracer721
wow yea i just bought 2 12" RW stage 2 massive subs. they are amazing for the price. I got each for $109 and i have a concept amp pushing 200 watts to each sub and they subs can handle 400 RMS. VERY nice, sound is better than anything for the price. They got a crazy 15" sub also that can take 3000 watts RMS. Pretty crazy stuff. I was gonna buy a pair on Fosgate P2's but the massives sound WAY better. OH yea, put them in a slot ported box and they hit freakin hard.

actually, a 400rms sub for $109 is not a great deal, that is kind a high. also, we have to remember that an enclosure makes the subs hit harder. a enclosure can make any sub sound better and hit harder than another. a wal-mart sub could sound better and hit harder than a jl w7 if the enclosure was done right and the w7 was not.

Thanks,

Jason, Owner

Dynamic Sound

www.DynamicSoundCarAudio.net

Sales@DynamicSoundCarAudio.net

New Post 07-09-2004 01:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dynamic_Sound2003 Click here to Send Dynamic_Sound2003 a Private Message Find more posts by Dynamic_Sound2003 Add Dynamic_Sound2003 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mxracer721

i thought it was a good deal on the subs considering the prices of p2's. massive has dvc, rubber surrounds the cone not a composite, stuff like that. but i also heard the massives back to back against, concept, fosgate, alpine and others in the price range all in a slot ported box and massives were the best. but oh well, everyone has their own opinion.

New Post 07-10-2004 12:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mxracer721 Click here to Send mxracer721 a Private Message Find more posts by mxracer721 Add mxracer721 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dynamic_Sound2003

quote:
Originally posted on 07-10-2004 by mxracer721
i thought it was a good deal on the subs considering the prices of p2's. massive has dvc, rubber surrounds the cone not a composite, stuff like that. but i also heard the massives back to back against, concept, fosgate, alpine and others in the price range all in a slot ported box and massives were the best. but oh well, everyone has their own opinion.

i am not saying that they are bad, i have heard good things about the company. i am just saying, you can get good 400rms subs for around $50 or so. the point i am trying to make is an enclosure is what decides how a sub is going to sound. you say you heard all of these in a ported enclosure, was it the same enclosure and just changing out the subs?? now, is that enclosure actually made to specs for each sub?? on a ported enclosure, the internal airspace and tuning has to be matched to the sub. just for an example, say that the enclosure that was used was better built for the massive sub and not the others. this will make the massive sound better and hit harder. you can take a pyle sub and make it sound better than a top of the line sub when it comes to bass. the components of a system (sub, amp, head unit) has little to do with bass. your enclosure, installation, and vehicle is the deciding factors. now, when it comes to sound quality, then yes, the components have more say so.

New Post 07-10-2004 10:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dynamic_Sound2003 Click here to Send Dynamic_Sound2003 a Private Message Find more posts by Dynamic_Sound2003 Add Dynamic_Sound2003 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lars74

well i am running some massive audio subs my buddy let me try out for awhile.till i decide exactly what im gonna buy.i have the cw-12's dual 4 ohm i am running 400 rms per sub.sq is very good. tight bass and very accurate on fast heavy metal music like slayer metallica pantera so on.i was running som phoenix golds octaine r's dual 4 ohms. and these massives will put a whoopin on them pg's as far as sq goes and they can take alot of power. i think there pretty good considering the sealed box there in is alittle small. it calls for 1.35 cu per sub and there in 1.25 per now. i think with the right box these subs will be a contender.

New Post 07-11-2004 07:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lars74 Click here to Send lars74 a Private Message Find more posts by lars74 Add lars74 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dynamic_Sound2003

quote:
Originally posted on 07-11-2004 by lars74
well i am running some massive audio subs my buddy let me try out for awhile.till i decide exactly what im gonna buy.i have the cw-12's dual 4 ohm i am running 400 rms per sub.sq is very good. tight bass and very accurate on fast heavy metal music like slayer metallica pantera so on.i was running som phoenix golds octaine r's dual 4 ohms. and these massives will put a whoopin on them pg's as far as sq goes and they can take alot of power. i think there pretty good considering the sealed box there in is alittle small. it calls for 1.35 cu per sub and there in 1.25 per now. i think with the right box these subs will be a contender.

i believe the octane r's are more spl subs, so their sound quality is not as tight. also, the smaller enclosure is helping it have tighter, punchier bass. if you went up to 1.5, then it wouldn't be as tight.

Thanks,

Jason, Owner

Dynamic Sound

New Post 07-11-2004 09:42 PM
lars74

yeah you are right jason the octaine r's put down some boom bass more spl i agree on that. them are some kickin subs for the price the pg's octaine r's. i believe these massives call for 1.37- 1.5cu per sub i am using 1.25 now would there be any difference i got 5/8 box would going to 3/4 be better. have you ever heard a set of these massives cw's jason there not bad with around 900-1000 watts per pair.hopefully i dont blow one before i have to give them back or i will have to pay for one lol.

New Post 07-11-2004 10:30 PM
bullitt

RE: DYNAMIC SOUND Car Audio, Video, and Performance

quote:
Originally posted on 07-09-2004 by Dynamic_Sound2003
actually, a 400rms sub for $109 is not a great deal, that is kind a high. also, we have to remember that an enclosure makes the subs hit harder. a enclosure can make any sub sound better and hit harder than another. a wal-mart sub could sound better and hit harder than a jl w7 if the enclosure was done right and the w7 was not.

Thanks,

Jason, Owner

Dynamic Sound

Sorry, but since when do you judge whether anything is a good value because of it's Price vs Power Handling. $109 kinda high? based on what criteria? Can you quantify your statement, or should we just take your word for it? You wouldn't have a hidden agenda, would you?

New Post 07-29-2004 02:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bullitt Click here to Send bullitt a Private Message Find more posts by bullitt Add bullitt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bullitt

RE: DYNAMIC SOUND Car Audio, Video, and Performance

quote:
Originally posted on 07-10-2004 by Dynamic_Sound2003
i am not saying that they are bad, i have heard good things about the company. i am just saying, you can get good 400rms subs for around $50 or so. the point i am trying to make is an enclosure is what decides how a sub is going to sound. you say you heard all of these in a ported enclosure, was it the same enclosure and just changing out the subs?? now, is that enclosure actually made to specs for each sub?? on a ported enclosure, the internal airspace and tuning has to be matched to the sub. just for an example, say that the enclosure that was used was better built for the massive sub and not the others. this will make the massive sound better and hit harder. you can take a pyle sub and make it sound better than a top of the line sub when it comes to bass. the components of a system (sub, amp, head unit) has little to do with bass. your enclosure, installation, and vehicle is the deciding factors. now, when it comes to sound quality, then yes, the components have more say so.

What is a Good 400rms sub? You sound like a newbie that buys speakers by the pound. "How big those magnets be?" "How much those speakers push out" Based on your comments, we should only base our buying decisions on $'s vs power handling. I guess any 200rms sub is only worth $25, 100rms sub $12.50 50rms $6.25 etc etc. Stop spreading mis-information

New Post 07-29-2004 02:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bullitt Click here to Send bullitt a Private Message Find more posts by bullitt Add bullitt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jntar

RE: RE: DYNAMIC SOUND Car Audio, Video, and Performance

quote:
Originally posted on 07-29-2004 by bullitt
What is a Good 400rms sub? You sound like a newbie that buys speakers by the pound. "How big those magnets be?" "How much those speakers push out" Based on your comments, we should only base our buying decisions on $'s vs power handling. I guess any 200rms sub is only worth $25, 100rms sub $12.50 50rms $6.25 etc etc. Stop spreading mis-information

1st of all there is no bashing on this site. Simly state your comment but dont start things.

2nd of all there are many speakers that are the same if not better than that cost less than $109.

New Post 07-29-2004 02:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jntar Click here to Send jntar a Private Message Find more posts by jntar Add jntar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lulusman

Indeed, Man, Dynamic_Sound knows what he's talking about. You're probably mad because you have those subs. Relax. This is an open forum. Start a discussion about the subs, don't start an arguement. They just scum up the boards and scare people away who might have a legitimate problem them need help with. Besides, if you're to pick a fight with a member here, he's not the one. Sit this one out...

New Post 07-29-2004 02:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lulusman Click here to Send lulusman a Private Message Find more posts by lulusman Add lulusman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bullitt

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-29-2004 by lulusman
Indeed, Man, Dynamic_Sound knows what he's talking about. You're probably mad because you have those subs. Relax. This is an open forum. Start a discussion about the subs, don't start an arguement. They just scum up the boards and scare people away who might have a legitimate problem them need help with. Besides, if you're to pick a fight with a member here, he's not the one. Sit this one out...

I'm not looking to pick a fight, merely trying to clarify what Dynamic_Sound says that people seem to accept as the gospel. This has nothing to do with any particular product. Making generally negative comments about specific products without first hand experience is more dangerous than my remarks. I tend to be a little suspicous of people that offer opinions on brand names if it isn't made clear to everyone that they may have a conflict of interest due to the nature of their business. First of all, power handling is only one of the contributing factors to the cost of manufacturing and ultimate final cost to the end user. Secondly, the arbitrary way companies rate power handling precludes any intelligent debate over which sub is a better value. I'm sorry if I offended anyone but I just don't have tolerance for self appointed gurus that disseminate inaccurate information or their personal opinions as being factual. "Of course thats just my opinion,I could be wrong"

New Post 07-29-2004 03:50 PM
bullitt

RE: RE: RE: DYNAMIC SOUND Car Audio, Video, and Performance

quote:
Originally posted on 07-29-2004 by jntar
1st of all there is no bashing on this site. Simly state your comment but dont start things.

2nd of all there are many speakers that are the same if not better than that cost less than $109.

What? Are you a relative of Yogi Berra?

New Post 07-29-2004 04:10 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting