Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > WHO MAKES THE BEST AMPS???
Go Back Pages (3): [1] 2 3  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
kos

WHO MAKES THE BEST AMPS???

I JUST BOUGHT MY FIRST CAR , ITS A 03 ALERO , AND I WANT TO KNOW WHO MAKES THE BEST AMPS , IM GETTING A PIONEER DECK , AND I WANT TO HAVE A SYSTEM WITH TWO 12 INCH SUBWOOFERS AND I WANT TO KNOW WHAT AMPS ARE THE BEST EVERY PLACE I GO JUST RECCOMENDS THE BRAND THEY SELL , I WANT SOMETHING THAT CAN HANDLE ALOT OF USE BECUZ I LIKE TO PLAY MY MUSIC VERY LOUD...

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 07-06-2004 12:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kos Click here to Send kos a Private Message Find more posts by kos Add kos to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ludepower

Pyramid Makes the Best AMPS! (Just Joking) Just to name some quality brands: Kicker, MTX, Autotek, JL, JBL, Memphis, Hifonics...just to name a few. What really matters is your budget. How much are you willing to spend? And why 12"s? Why not 10"s? I have a pair of 10"s that'll outplay virtually anyone with a pair of 12"s :)

New Post 07-06-2004 09:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ludepower Click here to Send ludepower a Private Message Find more posts by ludepower Add ludepower to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kos

I HAVENT CHOSE ANY SUBS YET , I WAS GOING TO GET THE AMP FIRST , I GUESS MAYBE I SHOULD GET THE SUBS FIRST , WHY DOES EVERYONE SAY THAT THERE 10'S WILL OUTPLAY PEOPLE'S 12'S??? I PICKED 12'S CUZ I FIGURED THEY WOULD HIT HELLA HARD , WHICH IS KINDA WHAT I WHAT A SYSTEM THAT HITS HELLA HARD BUT IS HELLA CLEAR , AS FAR AS PRICE RANGE I GUESS IM WILLING TO SPEND WHAT IT TAKES TO MAKE SYSTEM HIT , PROBABLY AROUND $300 MAX

New Post 07-06-2004 01:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kos Click here to Send kos a Private Message Find more posts by kos Add kos to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shadow

two amps for 300, one the HiFonics Brutus BX1500D, and the JBL BP1200.1. Also try just getting one nice sub in a nice enclosure, instead of two lesser subs. The difference will blow your mind, you don't need to have two 12's to hit hard, hell the right 10,12,13,or 15 in a nice ported enclosure could easliy hit harder han two so-so twelves.l

New Post 07-06-2004 03:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Shadow Click here to Send Shadow a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow Add Shadow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IROCit

Try and go pawn shopping and find a vintage Rockford Fosgate Punch 45, or Punch 75... the square amps. If that works, you'll be the hero of the block. If you can't find one, try and find a next generation Punch 100ix, or 200ix... the rounded looking square amps. My Punch 200ix has a "birth certificate" output of 517 Watts, and my 100ix birthed out at 246 watts. Also, if you find a used one of these that still works... it probably won't quite on you as long as you take care of it like the original owner must have. Other than that... for a new one, I'd go JL or MTX.

New Post 07-07-2004 01:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for IROCit Click here to Send IROCit a Private Message Find more posts by IROCit Add IROCit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ludepower

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-06-2004 by kos
I HAVENT CHOSE ANY SUBS YET , I WAS GOING TO GET THE AMP FIRST , I GUESS MAYBE I SHOULD GET THE SUBS FIRST , WHY DOES EVERYONE SAY THAT THERE 10'S WILL OUTPLAY PEOPLE'S 12'S??? I PICKED 12'S CUZ I FIGURED THEY WOULD HIT HELLA HARD , WHICH IS KINDA WHAT I WHAT A SYSTEM THAT HITS HELLA HARD BUT IS HELLA CLEAR , AS FAR AS PRICE RANGE I GUESS IM WILLING TO SPEND WHAT IT TAKES TO MAKE SYSTEM HIT , PROBABLY AROUND $300 MAX

Just because it's a 12" sub doesn't mean it will hit hard. Any good sub will hit hard if it has the right power. from 10" all the way to 18". I have 10s, they hit hard, like a jackhammer. I chose 10s so I could fit an SPL enclosure in my trunk. I didn't go with 12s because it was going to be damn near impossible to get a large dual 12" enclosure in my car. So to each his own, but don't get a 12" sub based on what people say. The majority of ppl who buy subwoofers get 12" subs, yet ppl like myself can blow a pair of 12" subs out the water.

New Post 07-07-2004 08:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ludepower Click here to Send ludepower a Private Message Find more posts by ludepower Add ludepower to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kos

OH OK , YEA SPACE MIGHT BE A ISSUE WITH ME AS WELL SO I MIGHT HAVE TO LOOK INTO 10'S MYSELF , SO ANY ADVICE ON WHICH BRANDS I SHOULD LOOK FOR AS FAR AS AMPS GO ?

New Post 07-08-2004 01:19 PM
chevyz28

Some of the best sounding amplifiers are the older Precision Power PPI amplifiers. The ones that are made in USA, before the company went to korea. I think it was the ones made between 1998-2002 or something like that. The biggest they made was the PC2350 which was 1400WRMS X 1 bridged and retailed for USD$1,600. Then they changed the name to PC21400 which was the same amp. But when they changed the name to PCX, thats the lesser quality korean amps. They show up on ebay once in a while and they go from $350-$600 used. These are quality amps and are class AB which can be used for eitheir Subs, or even mids and highs. Class D amps are just for subs.

New Post 07-25-2004 06:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for chevyz28 Click here to Send chevyz28 a Private Message Find more posts by chevyz28 Add chevyz28 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dynamic_Sound2003

DYNAMIC SOUND Car Audio, Video, and Performance

quote:
Originally posted on 07-06-2004 by kos
I JUST BOUGHT MY FIRST CAR , ITS A 03 ALERO , AND I WANT TO KNOW WHO MAKES THE BEST AMPS , IM GETTING A PIONEER DECK , AND I WANT TO HAVE A SYSTEM WITH TWO 12 INCH SUBWOOFERS AND I WANT TO KNOW WHAT AMPS ARE THE BEST EVERY PLACE I GO JUST RECCOMENDS THE BRAND THEY SELL , I WANT SOMETHING THAT CAN HANDLE ALOT OF USE BECUZ I LIKE TO PLAY MY MUSIC VERY LOUD...

yeah, size does not determine how hard you will hit, neither does the number of subs you have. your enclosure is what makes your system hit no matter what brand amps and subs you have. i have seen walmart systems out hit jl audio systems by far.

older precision power and rockford fosgate amps were great, but it might be hard to find one in great condition. other great brands are zapco, db drive, jl audio, autotek, cadence, clif designs, eclipse, pheonix gold, hifonics, jbl, and xtant are some.

for some mid range ones, check out kicker, rockford fosgate, ultra linear, ma audio, mtx, boss, power acoustik, kenwood, lightning audio, kole, lanzar vibes, crunch, soundstorm, fusion, and audiopipe.

Thanks,

Jason, Owner

Dynamic Sound

www.DynamicSoundCarAudio.net

Sales@DynamicSoundCarAudio.net

New Post 07-25-2004 08:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dynamic_Sound2003 Click here to Send Dynamic_Sound2003 a Private Message Find more posts by Dynamic_Sound2003 Add Dynamic_Sound2003 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lars74

here are a few more good companys. us amps,arc audio, diamomd audio amps,brax,macintosh,orion older competition amps,

New Post 07-26-2004 09:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lars74 Click here to Send lars74 a Private Message Find more posts by lars74 Add lars74 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lars74

i have tryed a few different amps on my high powered componets and the best i have tryed yet is probly my xtant 4.4 200x2 brideged 4 ohms that dawm thing is powerfull and built like a rock lol. my next purchase will probly be that cadence zr9 or what ever one that does the 2000x1 i have been checking into that.or an arc audio like a 1200.1 i have consindered the hifonics 1500d but i have heard good and bad things. what do you think about the brutus 1500d jason does it do its rated power @ 1 ohm ?

New Post 07-26-2004 09:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lars74 Click here to Send lars74 a Private Message Find more posts by lars74 Add lars74 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dynamic_Sound2003

quote:
Originally posted on 07-26-2004 by lars74
i have tryed a few different amps on my high powered componets and the best i have tryed yet is probly my xtant 4.4 200x2 brideged 4 ohms that dawm thing is powerfull and built like a rock lol. my next purchase will probly be that cadence zr9 or what ever one that does the 2000x1 i have been checking into that.or an arc audio like a 1200.1 i have consindered the hifonics 1500d but i have heard good and bad things. what do you think about the brutus 1500d jason does it do its rated power @ 1 ohm ?

hifonics are very strong amps, by far. i have personally used them and sold them and they are awesome and the price can't be beat. yes, if your alt. puts out 14.4 volts while the system is running, then it will produce 1500rms @ 1ohm. if your alt. drops to 12-13 volts, most likely it puts out 1250rms @ 1ohm.

Thanks,

Jason, Owner

Dynamic Sound

www.DynamicSoundCarAudio.net

Sales@DynamicSoundCarAudio.net

New Post 07-26-2004 09:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dynamic_Sound2003 Click here to Send Dynamic_Sound2003 a Private Message Find more posts by Dynamic_Sound2003 Add Dynamic_Sound2003 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lars74

how much are you getting for the hifonics 1500d jason.

New Post 07-26-2004 09:54 PM
Dynamic_Sound2003

quote:
Originally posted on 07-26-2004 by lars74
how much are you getting for the hifonics 1500d jason.

i sell them for $295 shipped anywhere.

New Post 07-26-2004 10:29 PM
lars74

thats not to bad of a price if its shipped.do you honor the warranty then ?

New Post 07-26-2004 10:51 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (3): [1] 2 3  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting