Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Car Audio Competitions and Shows > Competition Worthy?
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Webryder86

Competition Worthy?

Hey you guys I just bought my first system and I was wondering what you guys thought about it and if you guys thought it was competition worthy...Im planning to get a new car next summer and It would be really nice to get some titles under my belt so I can get the new one sponsored...Also can you guys give me your best guess on how much you think I spent on the system please? (so I can see if I got ripped or not)...any input would be helpful...thanks alot...

Car: 95 Honda Accord LX

HeadUnit: JVC KD-LH300 CD/MP3/WMA (19W x 4 RMS)

Subs: Two Kicker S12L7 Solo-Barics 2ohm, 750w RMS each, (The Version 1 L7's i think the 2003 models), each will get 1cu.ft airspace in the dual enclosure i got.

AMP: HiFonics Brutus BX1500D Mono Amp (1500x1 @1ohm) (900x2 @ 2ohm) RMS

Capacitor: PHOENIX DIGITAL PD-192 1.5 FARAD DIGITAL READOUT CAPACITOR

Electrical: STINGER PRO 0 GA. AMP KIT 3400 WATTS SWK0

Rearspeakers: AUDIOBAHN AS69Q 2-WAY 6"x9" COAXIAL SPEAKER SET 200 watts RMS @ 4ohm,***seperatly powered by my used US Acoustics USX2100 amp pushing 150wx2 RMS***

FontSpeakers: Some Bluapunkt 50watt RMS 6.5' speakers (prolly upgrade them later)

WEll as you can see im really not one for brand matching here, since i got like half the industry in my car :) but as long as it sounds good...any comments will be appreciated thanks...

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 08-11-2004 05:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Webryder86 Click here to Send Webryder86 a Private Message Find more posts by Webryder86 Add Webryder86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dynamic_Sound2003

RE: Competition Worthy?

quote:
Originally posted on 08-11-2004 by Webryder86
Hey you guys I just bought my first system and I was wondering what you guys thought about it and if you guys thought it was competition worthy...Im planning to get a new car next summer and It would be really nice to get some titles under my belt so I can get the new one sponsored...Also can you guys give me your best guess on how much you think I spent on the system please? (so I can see if I got ripped or not)...any input would be helpful...thanks alot...

Car: 95 Honda Accord LX

HeadUnit: JVC KD-LH300 CD/MP3/WMA (19W x 4 RMS)

Subs: Two Kicker S12L7 Solo-Barics 2ohm, 750w RMS each, (The Version 1 L7's i think the 2003 models), each will get 1cu.ft airspace in the dual enclosure i got.

AMP: HiFonics Brutus BX1500D Mono Amp (1500x1 @1ohm) (900x2 @ 2ohm) RMS

Capacitor: PHOENIX DIGITAL PD-192 1.5 FARAD DIGITAL READOUT CAPACITOR

Electrical: STINGER PRO 0 GA. AMP KIT 3400 WATTS SWK0

Rearspeakers: AUDIOBAHN AS69Q 2-WAY 6"x9" COAXIAL SPEAKER SET 200 watts RMS @ 4ohm,***seperatly powered by my used US Acoustics USX2100 amp pushing 150wx2 RMS***

FontSpeakers: Some Bluapunkt 50watt RMS 6.5' speakers (prolly upgrade them later)

WEll as you can see im really not one for brand matching here, since i got like half the industry in my car :) but as long as it sounds good...any comments will be appreciated thanks...

good equipment, the kickers and hifonics are a good match. my girlfriend has the same head unit and it is nice. the system is not competition level though, sound quality or spl. first L7's are spl subs and have mid range sound quality, so that rules out sound quality. the reason you will not be hitting as hard as you need to in competitions is your enclosure. one, by the size, i am sure it is sealed, which is a no no for spl competitions. next, only 1 cu ft per sub is not that much. for a awesome spl set-up for 12's, you will want around 4 cu ft per sub and have the ported enclosure tuned to the loudst frequency in your car. if i took 1 L7 at 750rms in a 4 cu ft enclosure tuned to sound the best in the vehicle use, it would higher than your 2 12" set-up. this really depends on what vehicle you are using. a standard trunk size is usually best with one sub, a hatchback is usually better with 2, and a suv/van is good for more than 2.

Jason, Owner

Dynamic Sound

www.DynamicSoundCarAudio.net

Orders@DynamicSoundCarAudio.net

New Post 08-12-2004 10:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dynamic_Sound2003 Click here to Send Dynamic_Sound2003 a Private Message Find more posts by Dynamic_Sound2003 Add Dynamic_Sound2003 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Webryder86

more airspace eh?

Well thanks for the input, I was pretty strapped for cash so I found the cheapest enclosure available, Ill look into getting a few more cubic feet in there in the future, thanks again.

New Post 08-12-2004 01:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Webryder86 Click here to Send Webryder86 a Private Message Find more posts by Webryder86 Add Webryder86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dynamic_Sound2003

DYNAMIC SOUND Car Audio, Video, and Performance

quote:
Originally posted on 08-12-2004 by Webryder86
Well thanks for the input, I was pretty strapped for cash so I found the cheapest enclosure available, Ill look into getting a few more cubic feet in there in the future, thanks again.

not a problem. if you get a larger enclosure that is made for the subs, you will be ready for a spl comp for sure.

New Post 08-13-2004 01:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dynamic_Sound2003 Click here to Send Dynamic_Sound2003 a Private Message Find more posts by Dynamic_Sound2003 Add Dynamic_Sound2003 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting