Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > daisy chained amps????
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
sikSTYLES

daisy chained amps????

can anyone give me some info on how to daisy chain amps as to run more then one amp to one speaker? and can someone give me the name of the peice of equipment that you use to split RCAs so that you can run multi amps off of one signal?? thanks for your help!

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 09-14-2004 05:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sikSTYLES Click here to Send sikSTYLES a Private Message Find more posts by sikSTYLES Add sikSTYLES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoiven

RE: daisy chained amps????

quote:
Originally posted on 09-14-2004 by sikSTYLES
can anyone give me some info on how to daisy chain amps as to run more then one amp to one speaker? and can someone give me the name of the peice of equipment that you use to split RCAs so that you can run multi amps off of one signal?? thanks for your help!

More than one amp to a single driver....I will put my neck out there and say....it can't be done. To split the RCA's into two out puts...you can go one of two ways. You can simply get a Monster Cable or Radio Shack RCA splpitter. That merely splits a single RCA out into two outputs. However, you may lose a little signal strength. The best way to go is to get a line driver what takes a single input and splits it off into multiple signals. Along with just splitting the signal, it offers the ability to set the output signal volatage level and maintain good low level signal strength.

New Post 09-14-2004 11:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Stoiven Click here to Send Stoiven a Private Message Find more posts by Stoiven Add Stoiven to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
highrollin74

Some amps are made to daisy chain,the first time I seen it was 2 Crossfire BMF-1000d's,you can guess what the BMF stand for.And these ams are BAD!!You usually have to buy something extra though.As far as splittin rca's,youll obviously cut you signal strength in half,get an 8-12 volt line driver and use the rca y-cables.But buy quality ones like Monster as he stated.You could bu an Audiobahn 303x x-over,they have 8 volts of output already,that would be 4 volt to each amp.

New Post 09-14-2004 12:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for highrollin74 Click here to Send highrollin74 a Private Message Find more posts by highrollin74 Add highrollin74 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoiven

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-14-2004 by highrollin74
Some amps are made to daisy chain,the first time I seen it was 2 Crossfire BMF-1000d's,you can guess what the BMF stand for.And these ams are BAD!!You usually have to buy something extra though.As far as splittin rca's,youll obviously cut you signal strength in half,get an 8-12 volt line driver and use the rca y-cables.But buy quality ones like Monster as he stated.You could bu an Audiobahn 303x x-over,they have 8 volts of output already,that would be 4 volt to each amp.

The only daisy chaining I have heard of is with the way some amps have a "line-out" so that in theory...you could just keep connecting amps and speakers together. ( I have seen many test this theory quite well) But those amps you speak of will allow you to actually say have two amplifiers powering one woofer. That is pretty cool. Imagine the possiblities. The AudioControl "Matrix" is also a good cadidate for a line driver...but wholly crap are they expensive for what they do. But I think you can take an iput signal with this thing and split it up to five ways...voltage is completely adjustable.

New Post 09-14-2004 12:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Stoiven Click here to Send Stoiven a Private Message Find more posts by Stoiven Add Stoiven to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoiven

Hhehee...I went and looked at the BMF....hey...that is one BMF!! Hehehehhe. Apparantly....you are right about that...two amps to drive a single load. I wonder how many times you can double that up. That option offers some incredible power. Good find on that one Highroller.

New Post 09-14-2004 01:01 PM
sikSTYLES

thanks!

hey guys that helps alot thanks a ton! line driver is the name i needed to figer out as well. and that only took like 24 hours for a reply this is a pretty good site.

New Post 09-15-2004 06:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sikSTYLES Click here to Send sikSTYLES a Private Message Find more posts by sikSTYLES Add sikSTYLES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dynamic_Sound2003

DYNAMIC SOUND Car Audio, Video, and Performance

quote:

daisy chaining refers to using all wires from one amp to another. that is the power, rca, ground, and remote. by using rca splitters, it will cut the signal power in half, but it will not be a big difference. most head units are 2 volts or higher. so splitting it would give you 1 volt per rca. now, back in the day, people were making hard hitting system with only .5 volts. some amps do have the line out option to make it easy. i would just split the rca's and wire all other wires seperately.

Jason, Owner

Dynamic Sound

www.DynamicSoundCarAudio.net

Orders@DynamicSoundCarAudio.net

New Post 09-15-2004 12:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dynamic_Sound2003 Click here to Send Dynamic_Sound2003 a Private Message Find more posts by Dynamic_Sound2003 Add Dynamic_Sound2003 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dynamic_Sound2003

quote:

you can run more amps to 1 sub. one monster spl subs, you have to. take the re mt. you would need to run 1500rms - 2000rms per voice coil. the problem is that you need to make sure that the total power does not excede the rms of the sub. also, all settings on each amp need to be perfectly set the same. sending different signals to the sub will make the sub fail prematurely.

Jason, Owner

Dynamic Sound

New Post 09-15-2004 12:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dynamic_Sound2003 Click here to Send Dynamic_Sound2003 a Private Message Find more posts by Dynamic_Sound2003 Add Dynamic_Sound2003 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoiven

RE: DYNAMIC SOUND Car Audio, Video, and Performance

quote:
Originally posted on 09-15-2004 by Dynamic_Sound2003
daisy chaining refers to using all wires from one amp to another. that is the power, rca, ground, and remote. by using rca splitters, it will cut the signal power in half, but it will not be a big difference. most head units are 2 volts or higher. so splitting it would give you 1 volt per rca. now, back in the day, people were making hard hitting system with only .5 volts. some amps do have the line out option to make it easy. i would just split the rca's and wire all other wires seperately.

Jason, Owner

Dynamic Sound

This is true....most amps are still rated to take inputs ranging from 500mV to 4V. So should not be a problem to just split with an RCA splitter. Some do say that the higher line voltage offers better dynamic headroom...can't say that is it too huge as far as you sound quality goes though.

New Post 09-15-2004 12:08 PM
Dynamic_Sound2003

quote:
Originally posted on 09-15-2004 by Stoiven
This is true....most amps are still rated to take inputs ranging from 500mV to 4V. So should not be a problem to just split with an RCA splitter. Some do say that the higher line voltage offers better dynamic headroom...can't say that is it too huge as far as you sound quality goes though.

adding a line driver, equalizer can boost the signal and give you more power. i am running between 8-10 volts to my amps. i say that a equalizer is the best choice. a line driver is to only boost the voltage where the eq will due that plus allow you to customize your sound. either way, splitting rcas will not kill your sound, i am sure nobody would be able to notice.

New Post 09-15-2004 12:14 PM
Stoiven

quote:
adding a line driver, equalizer can boost the signal and give you more power. i am running between 8-10 volts to my amps. i say that a equalizer is the best choice. a line driver is to only boost the voltage where the eq will due that plus allow you to customize your sound. either way, splitting rcas will not kill your sound, i am sure nobody would be able to notice.

Ahhh yes...I am currently salivating over the AudioControl EXS 6ch EQ.

New Post 09-15-2004 12:16 PM
Dynamic_Sound2003

quote:
Ahhh yes...I am currently salivating over the AudioControl EXS 6ch EQ.

yeah, audiocontrol are one of the best of there for eq's. i am running a db drive spe5 5 band one with sub control and love it. at 2volts, it puts out 8 volts. my head unit puts out 5 volts, so i should be around 10 volts after the eq.

New Post 09-15-2004 12:22 PM
Stoiven

quote:
yeah, audiocontrol are one of the best of there for eq's. i am running a db drive spe5 5 band one with sub control and love it. at 2volts, it puts out 8 volts. my head unit puts out 5 volts, so i should be around 10 volts after the eq.

To your knowledge...is there anything that even compares to the versitality that the EQS offers. I have been scouring the net for anything that will provide the flexibility of maintaing control over front, rear, and sub...and give you adjustability of 13 bands. This is a remarkable piece or equipment as far as I can tell. Going for 259 on ebay. I have seen a few that take one input...and will send the signal out to 6ch....I guess I could just turn the gain down on my rear channels...but I HAVE to have control of the sub levels via my deck. I listen to a wide variety of music...and I am not about to pull over every time I need to make a subwoofer level adjustment.

New Post 09-15-2004 12:29 PM
Dynamic_Sound2003

quote:
To your knowledge...is there anything that even compares to the versitality that the EQS offers. I have been scouring the net for anything that will provide the flexibility of maintaing control over front, rear, and sub...and give you adjustability of 13 bands. This is a remarkable piece or equipment as far as I can tell. Going for 259 on ebay. I have seen a few that take one input...and will send the signal out to 6ch....I guess I could just turn the gain down on my rear channels...but I HAVE to have control of the sub levels via my deck. I listen to a wide variety of music...and I am not about to pull over every time I need to make a subwoofer level adjustment.

yeah, if you have a sub system, the sub control is a must. the eq's sub channel has much better control than the head unit, a sub channel on an eq is a must. there are not many that have tat many bands. why do you want that many?? i understand the fine tuning, but that is really breaking down the frequencies. that design, with the tabs that go up and down are a little out style and that is why it is harder find them. and if you want a bunch of bands, that is the style you will have to have.

New Post 09-15-2004 01:11 PM
Stoiven

quote:
yeah, if you have a sub system, the sub control is a must. the eq's sub channel has much better control than the head unit, a sub channel on an eq is a must. there are not many that have tat many bands. why do you want that many?? i understand the fine tuning, but that is really breaking down the frequencies. that design, with the tabs that go up and down are a little out style and that is why it is harder find them. and if you want a bunch of bands, that is the style you will have to have.

Yes...I understand that these were so popular before they started building decent EQ's and crossovers into the proper areas. I guess this item is not really a must for me. I just like it because I have a decent amount of music that needs shaping. Lots of heavy metal and such did not get decent mastering attention. It is also possible that things will sound much better when I deaden my doors in the front. I am thinking about getting the dynamat door kit. I think I am hearing wave interference in my doors and i am hoping that this will help. I was just really looking into EQ's as a last resort for tweaking sound. Since I have you attention...I may as well ask you. I can currently get the door kit for 40-45 dollars...is that good? Does this stuff really work the wonders they say it does. Is there anything else I need to make my doors sound top notch??

New Post 09-15-2004 01:27 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting