Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Head Units > ///Alpine Vs. Kenwood
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Tribal_Sounds

///Alpine Vs. Kenwood

Hi hows it going everyone. I installed a crappy head deck in my car cause it came in a package deal which was a flip down HU tape player and a 6 disc changer ( wanting to keep the old school tape player). Anyhow it has wayyyy to much engine noise and distortion, and I know for a fact that it's the cheap stereo because the stock didn't do that. So after this much blah blah I have narrowed down to getting a new one between the Alpine CDM-9821 and the Kenwood KDC-325. I like the Kenwood cause it's flip down and comes w/ a remote. However, the Alpine has a bass engine and subwoofer control built in which I don't know much about. Does the bass engine matter, and can someone tell me what its function? Plus some feedback of sound quality and relibilty of both would be nice. Thank You

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 09-14-2004 06:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Tribal_Sounds Click here to Send Tribal_Sounds a Private Message Find more posts by Tribal_Sounds Add Tribal_Sounds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xtantmatrix

Basics

Ok first you need to widen your choices alpine kenwood and pioneer are the best way to go. Alpine is good for sound quailty yet expensive. Kenwood and pioneer are good in sound quailty yet more features such as a more extensive crossover. the Bass engine is about the same as any bass booster jsut with a different name

New Post 09-15-2004 11:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for xtantmatrix Click here to Send xtantmatrix a Private Message Find more posts by xtantmatrix Add xtantmatrix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lars74

alpine is better for sq probly more reliable also. i think some companys try to cram to much into a head unit as far as options go and bling bling. and it accualy cuts the sq down. this is why i like alpine simple yet the sq is among the best in the bussines right up there with eclipse and denon.

New Post 09-18-2004 10:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lars74 Click here to Send lars74 a Private Message Find more posts by lars74 Add lars74 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SteamHammer

RE: ...

quote:
Originally posted on 09-18-2004 by lars74
alpine is better for sq probly more reliable also. i think some companys try to cram to much into a head unit as far as options go and bling bling. and it accualy cuts the sq down. this is why i like alpine simple yet the sq is among the best in the bussines right up there with eclipse and denon.

'd pick the one that sounds best to YOUR ears. Personally I'd get an eclipse or clarion over alpine or kenwood. Far better reliability and in some cases much better SQ.

New Post 09-22-2004 12:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SteamHammer Click here to Send SteamHammer a Private Message Find more posts by SteamHammer Add SteamHammer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lars74

RE: RE: ...

quote:
Originally posted on 09-22-2004 by SteamHammer
'd pick the one that sounds best to YOUR ears. Personally I'd get an eclipse or clarion over alpine or kenwood. Far better reliability and in some cases much better SQ.

ok then i want to know which eclipse model and clarion models has better sq then the alpine 9833 or 9835 in the same price range. i would like to know. i have heard them all myslef also. as far as clarion goes i have not heard any clarion sound better then alpine in the same price range either.i would say in the same price range all brands are very close in sq. if it wasnt for esn i would have an eclipse in my car right now.i would rather have a detach face.i dont agree with eclpise or clarion being any better in reliability either. i think i have heard the most probs with eclipse out of the 3 mentioned.i do say i have not heard to much about clarion reliability. so it must be very good.anyways u cant not go wrong with any of the 3 brands. i just dont see how u can say eclpise and clarion have better sq. your sq is only as good as the install and equiptment u are running.

New Post 09-22-2004 06:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lars74 Click here to Send lars74 a Private Message Find more posts by lars74 Add lars74 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
carguyincanada

RE: RE: ...

quote:
Originally posted on 09-22-2004 by SteamHammer

First of i would like to say that i sell and install all 4 brands mentioned. I am not bias to any of them. But truthfully the bottom of the line eclipse (cd3404) will sound better then most higher end decks because of the dss (digital servo system) incorporated into them. If your looking for a deck to build a system onto then you can beat the eclipse cd3424 at a moderate price range. As for reliability eclipse is much better (as i have worked in the warranty dept of store too) clarion comes 2nd, and alpine is ok, Kenwood comes in last. 3yr warranty on eclipse btw if installed by authorized dealer . As for clarion, the headunits don’t sound very good unless you have good amps, the internal amp is very bad. I have exchanged many of these units for alpine/eclipse. And you are wrong headunits make a huge difference in SQ in many cases, especially when you are not running external amps.

New Post 09-23-2004 11:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for carguyincanada Click here to Send carguyincanada a Private Message Find more posts by carguyincanada Add carguyincanada to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lars74

i agree that a hu can differ in sq. but in the same price range of the alpine 9833 or 35 which eclpise sounds better in sq, you didnt answer my question did you. i have have tested and tested eclpise models in this 350-4 price range and sorry to say they didnt compare to the alpines. now if u jump up to the 5-600 dollar range then yes its a different story. i have talked to several guys running eclpise units and have hade nothing but problems with cd skipping and errors and are going back to alpine. and i dont agree the eclpise customer service sucks. maybe the warranty is decent but only installed by a dealer well as we all know some dealers installs flat out suck @ss. i do agree that eclpise makes very good quality products.i have several of them myself amps, coaxials so on, and there head units are also awesome but if u buy autorized the price is very high. and thats the only way u get warranty. the alpines 9833 or 35 has just as many features and as good of sq as any eclpise in the 350-4 range if u have and eclipse hu in the 350-4 range thats better then alpines 9833 or 35 then i will buy one let me know what model with 3 yr warranty.

New Post 09-24-2004 10:53 AM
lars74

http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=204&1=207&3=2622

New Post 09-24-2004 11:21 AM
lars74

ok theres a link for the alpine 9833. now lets see your link for this eclipse in 350.00 price range thats better.

New Post 09-24-2004 11:23 AM
carguyincanada

RE: ..

quote:
Originally posted on 09-24-2004 by lars74
i agree that a hu can differ in sq. but in the same price range of the alpine 9833 or 35 which eclpise sounds better in sq, you didnt answer my question did you. i have have tested and tested eclpise models in this 350-4 price range and sorry to say they didnt compare to the alpines. now if u jump up to the 5-600 dollar range then yes its a different story. i have talked to several guys running eclpise units and have hade nothing but problems with cd skipping and errors and are going back to alpine. and i dont agree the eclpise customer service sucks. maybe the warranty is decent but only installed by a dealer well as we all know some dealers installs flat out suck @ss. i do agree that eclpise makes very good quality products.i have several of them myself amps, coaxials so on, and there head units are also awesome but if u buy autorized the price is very high. and thats the only way u get warranty. the alpines 9833 or 35 has just as many features and as good of sq as any eclpise in the 350-4 range if u have and eclipse hu in the 350-4 range thats better then alpines 9833 or 35 then i will buy one let me know what model with 3 yr warranty.

like i said, the eclipse cd3424 is much better than any alpine. FROM EXPERIENCE, i love alpine, but they DO NOT compare to eclipse. I swap them on regular basis. And i have owned alpine for 4 years now. And comming directly from an alpine rep over dinner: "The headunits this year dont sound as good as they did last year". hes comparing the 9835-9833-9831 to the 9815-9813-9811. HERES a link : http://www.eclipse-web.com/products/cd/cd3424.htm

New Post 09-24-2004 03:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for carguyincanada Click here to Send carguyincanada a Private Message Find more posts by carguyincanada Add carguyincanada to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tribal_Sounds

Yea I guess there all good when you get to that price range anythings good from those brands. But the things is tat alpine 9831 i can get for an unbielevable price and same thing w/ the kenwood. Those to HU is for me in the price range of 95- 120 $$. Unbielevable huh. My bro gots a shop tats y if u wonder.

New Post 09-24-2004 05:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Tribal_Sounds Click here to Send Tribal_Sounds a Private Message Find more posts by Tribal_Sounds Add Tribal_Sounds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lars74

RE: RE: ..

quote:
Originally posted on 09-24-2004 by carguyincanada
like i said, the eclipse cd3424 is much better than any alpine. FROM EXPERIENCE, i love alpine, but they DO NOT compare to eclipse. I swap them on regular basis. And i have owned alpine for 4 years now. And comming directly from an alpine rep over dinner: "The headunits this year dont sound as good as they did last year". hes comparing the 9835-9833-9831 to the 9815-9813-9811. HERES a link : http://www.eclipse-web.com/products/cd/cd3424.htm

the 3424 does not even have a sub pre-out or time correction or an eq. does it have any active xover like alpines. and it doesnt even list the pre-out volts. u can say what u want about alpine,i am not buyin it at all. especialy on the 3424 model vs alpine 33 and 35 its not happenin. if u think eclipse is better so be it. i myself just dont hear it.not saying alpine is better at all. just stating that in the 350-4 range i dont feal they compare just my opinion. in the upper line yes i would choose eclipse, and eclipse would be my first choice if it wasnt for esn. i have talked with many guys that have ran the eclipse 8454 and alpine 9835 and they say there so close in sq if u were blind folded u wouldnt be able to choose which one was playing. if alpines new hu's are worse then last yrs. i will be going eclipse in the future.

New Post 09-25-2004 12:46 AM
carguyincanada

RE: RE: RE: ..

quote:
Originally posted on 09-25-2004 by lars74
the 3424 does not even have a sub pre-out or time correction or an eq. does it have any active xover like alpines. and it doesnt even list the pre-out volts. u can say what u want about alpine,i am not buyin it at all. especialy on the 3424 model vs alpine 33 and 35 its not happenin. if u think eclipse is better so be it. i myself just dont hear it.not saying alpine is better at all. just stating that in the 350-4 range i dont feal they compare just my opinion. in the upper line yes i would choose eclipse, and eclipse would be my first choice if it wasnt for esn. i have talked with many guys that have ran the eclipse 8454 and alpine 9835 and they say there so close in sq if u were blind folded u wouldnt be able to choose which one was playing. if alpines new hu's are worse then last yrs. i will be going eclipse in the future.

OK let me just say, YES it has a sub preout, AND yes it has active crossovers, you are right about the no time correction though.... cya

New Post 09-25-2004 01:11 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting