Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Head Units > Alpine CDA-9835
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mario24601

Alpine CDA-9835

Can someone give me their opinion about the Alpine CDA-9835. I want to get this HU and then the ipod connector. Is this a good unit, what is a good price, any cheap places to get it? Any insight would be good, thanks.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 09-17-2004 04:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mario24601 Click here to Send mario24601 a Private Message Find more posts by mario24601 Add mario24601 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
franco90

PRICE 489.00

The Alpine CDA-9835 is a great head unit to use as the main controller for a variety of other system components. By itself, the CDA-9835 is a terrific head unit, with the ability to download customized controls via CD-R and the I-Personalize feature located at www.alpine-usa.com. The head unit itself uses Alpine's Bass Engine Pro DSP, which offers precise control over many sonic features such as digital time correction, crossover, parametric equalization, and more. The CDA-9835 can play CD-R and CD-RW, as well as discs with MP3 or WMA files. If you use Alpine V12 AccuClass-D amplifiers, you can control the playback parameters of up to eight amps directly from the CDA-9835. A noteworthy feature of the CDA-9835 is that it is one of the first pieces of gear to conform to CEA 2006, a new standard for measuring power output with a set input and distortion threshold. While it can be said that the CDA-9835 has 60 watts maximum power output into four channels, according to the new specs, its CEA 2006 rating is 26 watts RMS by four (four ohms @ 14.4V less than or equal to one percent THD+N). It may look confusing, but this is how all amplifiers will be rated in the future. The CDA-9835 uses a swing-out design to provide maximum space for the colorful display that can be adjusted to exactly match the rest of the dashboard, and it is removable for added security. The unit is XM ready, and it has a built-in AM/FM receiver. The CDA-9835 is a terrific and powerful receiver that can be set up to control an entire high-end system.

New Post 09-17-2004 05:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for franco90 Click here to Send franco90 a Private Message Find more posts by franco90 Add franco90 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
franco90

RE: PRICE 489.00

quote:
Originally posted on 09-17-2004 by franco90
The Alpine CDA-9835 is a great head unit to use as the main controller for a variety of other system components. By itself, the CDA-9835 is a terrific head unit, with the ability to download customized controls via CD-R and the I-Personalize feature located at www.alpine-usa.com. The head unit itself uses Alpine's Bass Engine Pro DSP, which offers precise control over many sonic features such as digital time correction, crossover, parametric equalization, and more. The CDA-9835 can play CD-R and CD-RW, as well as discs with MP3 or WMA files. If you use Alpine V12 AccuClass-D amplifiers, you can control the playback parameters of up to eight amps directly from the CDA-9835. A noteworthy feature of the CDA-9835 is that it is one of the first pieces of gear to conform to CEA 2006, a new standard for measuring power output with a set input and distortion threshold. While it can be said that the CDA-9835 has 60 watts maximum power output into four channels, according to the new specs, its CEA 2006 rating is 26 watts RMS by four (four ohms @ 14.4V less than or equal to one percent THD+N). It may look confusing, but this is how all amplifiers will be rated in the future. The CDA-9835 uses a swing-out design to provide maximum space for the colorful display that can be adjusted to exactly match the rest of the dashboard, and it is removable for added security. The unit is XM ready, and it has a built-in AM/FM receiver. The CDA-9835 is a terrific and powerful receiver that can be set up to control an entire high-end system.

HERE IS THE CHEAPEST PLACE TO GET IT http://www.hookedontronics.com/show_product_details.jsp?cid=7376

New Post 09-17-2004 05:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for franco90 Click here to Send franco90 a Private Message Find more posts by franco90 Add franco90 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mario24601

will it handle the ipod interface? ai-net?

New Post 09-17-2004 07:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mario24601 Click here to Send mario24601 a Private Message Find more posts by mario24601 Add mario24601 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SentraStyleEMW

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-17-2004 by mario24601
will it handle the ipod interface? ai-net?

Any 2004 model Alpine that is AI-Net and MP3 compatible will work with the ipod interface.

New Post 09-17-2004 10:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SentraStyleEMW Click here to Send SentraStyleEMW a Private Message Find more posts by SentraStyleEMW Add SentraStyleEMW to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mhansen

Great head unit and great sound quality. Here is what sucks about it: 1) Date format can only be military time. No am/pm format 2) you cannot see the time while alos viewing artist and title from XM or MP3s 3) too many steps to change the EQ and no simple way for treb and bass control. 4) Only 16 characters for XM song titles...XM transmits more than this so why not let us see them 5) Look at the face plate wrong and it scratches. At $215 to replace I just never take mine off anymore. 6) The manual is trash. Could they have someone that is actually in to audio write these things? 7) No RDS - you can name stations manually but no auto RDS. come on...it is a 2004 model...how long has RDS been around. 8) When you disable the dimmer the deck is then ALWAYS dim. they should have called it a "brighter". you have to disconnect the display lead if you want it to always be bright. On rainy days in California you must have your lights on in the daytime now. I cannot see the display att all then and have not way to shut off the dimmer. 9) Too complex for the average user. Too many menus and too much "stuff". GREAT deck for the guy that is really into it but when your friends borrow the car they will have to go through a 20 minute training session. 10) no way to get those lame background animations to shut off when you are viewing XM title and artist. I am tired of raindrop mpegs. Lets just have it be clean and clear on the background 11) multicolor illumination only changes the 4 primary buttons. I think that it should do them all. 12) Tilt feture only tilts up. This is counter productive in a Civic or other cars with decks that are already tilted up. What about a tilt down feature. OK...that is enough of my complaining for now. Hope this helps

New Post 02-04-2005 04:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mhansen Click here to Send mhansen a Private Message Find more posts by mhansen Add mhansen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alpine45

ok you can change the colour of the secandiry buttons if you press the power source botton when in multiply color illumiantin screen you can toggle it between green and amber i love my cda 9835 and the i qpod works the best for wnhant currentaly on the market!! hope this helps and i would tell you to go get one!!

New Post 02-05-2005 08:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for alpine45 Click here to Send alpine45 a Private Message Find more posts by alpine45 Add alpine45 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ArianaGs

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 02-05-2005 by alpine45
ok you can change the colour of the secandiry buttons if you press the power source botton when in multiply color illumiantin screen you can toggle it between green and amber i love my cda 9835 and the i qpod works the best for wnhant currentaly on the market!! hope this helps and i would tell you to go get one!!

Ya man Ive had a hard one for a 9835 if anyone wants a Pioneer AVH-6450 Flip screen in trade for theres holla at me. I cant afford to go one becasue then I would have 2 CD players for the same car.

New Post 02-07-2005 05:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ArianaGs Click here to Send ArianaGs a Private Message Find more posts by ArianaGs Add ArianaGs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting