Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Car Audio Competitions and Shows > Suggestions for Good Speakers for SQL?
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
95dodgestealth

Suggestions for Good Speakers for SQL?

I'm very new to Car Audio, but I'm rebuilding my car and would like to build a good audio system for SQL comps. Currently I have a Zapco C2K 4.0 amp which I'm planning to use to power Front Stage. I have a Zapco C2K 9XD which is used to power 2*12W7 JL audio subs, both in sealed 1.25ft boxes. I also have 2*1.2farad caps and a high power alternator! I'm still trying to decide on speakers for the front stage. I've looked at USD Audio BC-62 system, but I've never heared them. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 12-02-2004 01:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for 95dodgestealth Click here to Send 95dodgestealth a Private Message Find more posts by 95dodgestealth Add 95dodgestealth to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssi

re xxx. to me they seem to be the best sql sub on the market. but to be honest, you should have posted this in subwoofers and speakers, you would probably have ten replies by now, and all of them would say re xxx..

New Post 12-02-2004 05:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ssi Click here to Send ssi a Private Message Find more posts by ssi Add ssi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lessismorespl

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 12-02-2004 by ssi
re xxx. to me they seem to be the best sql sub on the market. but to be honest, you should have posted this in subwoofers and speakers, you would probably have ten replies by now, and all of them would say re xxx..

yeah, pretty much! From what I have seen on the market, RE XXX, MTX Audio 9500, and the JL audio W7, but in comparison, the RE XXX are the best overall and are fairly priced compared to the JL's and MTX's.

New Post 12-02-2004 08:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for lessismorespl Click here to Send lessismorespl a Private Message Find more posts by lessismorespl Add lessismorespl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
megahurts4

RE XXX is great. You can also look into an Adire Brahma which I hear is the sister sub to the XXX, but with less x-max.

New Post 12-03-2004 11:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for megahurts4 Click here to Send megahurts4 a Private Message Find more posts by megahurts4 Add megahurts4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigweave2

For Christs sake !!!

95dodgestealth was not talking about subs. He was talking about his FRONT STAGE. There are many great speakers to chose from. USD is a company that has been around for a very long time and were used mostly in the early 1990's. The BC62 set has horn drivers. You should not use these unless you plan on getting EQ's. Like ID 31 band eq's or similar. Horns have to be tuned !!! You should attend a "REAL" soundoff and talk to competitors about horn drivers. Many competitors love to give advice. By "REAL" I mean iasca or usac sactioned. Not your local small sound-offs held at stereo shops. I have horns and love them !!! Good Luck !!

New Post 12-13-2004 01:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bigweave2 Click here to Send bigweave2 a Private Message Find more posts by bigweave2 Add bigweave2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
95dodgestealth

Thanks...

Thanks everyone, especially bigweave2. Once everyone started discussing 'Subs'. I didn’t have the heart to point out my question was about creating a 'Front Stage' good enough for Competitions. I would like to attend some good audio competition, but I have not found any in New Jersey? The two webs sites I have seen so far are: http://www.soundoff.org and http://www.iasca.com Neither of these show anything in NJ, can anyone point me to some good shows? Thanks for taking the time to help.

New Post 12-17-2004 01:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 95dodgestealth Click here to Send 95dodgestealth a Private Message Find more posts by 95dodgestealth Add 95dodgestealth to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lessismorespl

Try here:TERMPRO
They list all the big events.

New Post 12-17-2004 09:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lessismorespl Click here to Send lessismorespl a Private Message Find more posts by lessismorespl Add lessismorespl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SteamHammer

RE: Suggestions for Good Speakers for SQL?

Connection Failureunlike others suggesting you dump the W7s, keep them but understand thy dont have much usable output above about 65hz. The W7 is a tru subwoofer. For your Front stage look at DLS Irridiums, Morel, CDT Eurosports, Focal, Dynaudio. All those are top shelf components. Morels have awesome midbass and can get down to 40hz if need be.

New Post 12-24-2004 08:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SteamHammer Click here to Send SteamHammer a Private Message Find more posts by SteamHammer Add SteamHammer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
kaotiksyko, from , CO. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting