Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Car Audio Competitions and Shows > How do i find a SPL compitition in my area
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DJBASS7415

How do i find a SPL compitition in my area

How can i find a local SPL comp to find my SPL's? Cause im just curious how my SPL is cause im running 2- 12" Alpine Type E's in a ported box with a profile california series amp 600x1 1 channel amp with a 1 farad digital readout cap soon to have pics on the install gallery. Ive heard jl's before and i kick some of their asses.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 12-03-2004 02:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DJBASS7415 Click here to Send DJBASS7415 a Private Message Find more posts by DJBASS7415 Add DJBASS7415 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thrtyhz

http://www.termpro.com/asp/eventlocator1.asp http://www.nsplcompetition.com/mainpages/events.htm
http://www.crankitup.net
http://www.soundoff.org/
http://www.slapshow.com/schedules/events.htm
http://www.soundoff.net/upcoming_events.asp
http://www.iasca.com/
http://www.mobiletoys.com/partners/carsound/
http://www.whitlee.com/
http://www.splenduro.net/
.Some links may be old but here's a few to get you started.

New Post 12-04-2004 09:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for thrtyhz Click here to Send thrtyhz a Private Message Find more posts by thrtyhz Add thrtyhz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
korndog

RE: How do i find a SPL compitition in my area

quote:
Originally posted on 12-03-2004 by DJBASS7415
How can i find a local SPL comp to find my SPL's? Cause im just curious how my SPL is cause im running 2- 12" Alpine Type E's in a ported box with a profile california series amp 600x1 1 channel amp with a 1 farad digital readout cap soon to have pics on the install gallery. Ive heard jl's before and i kick some of their asses.

JL aren't loud, they're just expensive SQ subs. Where do u live?

New Post 12-05-2004 11:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for korndog Click here to Send korndog a Private Message Find more posts by korndog Add korndog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
highrollin74

RE: RE: How do i find a SPL compitition in my area

quote:
Originally posted on 12-05-2004 by korndog
JL aren't loud, they're just expensive SQ subs. Where do u live?

JL's arent loud?WHAT?JL's get plenty loud,just not loud enough.I have a mag where a JL 8w6 was tested against an Orion XTR15,and the Orion only hit 3db higher.Thats like adding 1 more 8",a 15" should be a lot louder than 2 8"s,they just need to make the 12W6 handle 1500 watts.(and in dual 2 0hm)

New Post 12-05-2004 09:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for highrollin74 Click here to Send highrollin74 a Private Message Find more posts by highrollin74 Add highrollin74 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
korndog

RE: RE: RE: How do i find a SPL compitition in my area

quote:
Originally posted on 12-05-2004 by highrollin74
JL's arent loud?WHAT?JL's get plenty loud,just not loud enough.I have a mag where a JL 8w6 was tested against an Orion XTR15,and the Orion only hit 3db higher.Thats like adding 1 more 8",a 15" should be a lot louder than 2 8"s,they just need to make the 12W6 handle 1500 watts.(and in dual 2 0hm)

sorry bro, didn't mean it like that and take it back. i just refering to price/spl ratio. They are priced that way due to popularity. For the price you pay for them, you can get something much louder or with better quality. I'm in no way dissing their stuff, i have a pair of JLs myself, but its something i don't appriciate from them. Its kind of like the two leading cpu manfac., amd and intel. You pay double the price for intel for the name, while amd can outpreform it at half the price. Logicly, for the price you pay for intel, you can get a faster amd cpu. I take car audio the same way. For the price you spend on a 12W6 and the JL1000 amp, you could get a brahma and a hifonics zeus 1600watt amp. I'm sure already know this better then i highrollin, but i want others to hear me out. I rarly see JLs in my local SPL compititions around berkley and sanfrancisco, but always see them in car shows. It makes sense, doesn't it?

New Post 12-06-2004 12:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for korndog Click here to Send korndog a Private Message Find more posts by korndog Add korndog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
highrollin74

RE: RE: RE: RE: How do i find a SPL compitition in my area

quote:
Originally posted on 12-06-2004 by korndog
sorry bro, didn't mean it like that and take it back. i just refering to price/spl ratio. They are priced that way due to popularity. For the price you pay for them, you can get something much louder or with better quality. I'm in no way dissing their stuff, i have a pair of JLs myself, but its something i don't appriciate from them. Its kind of like the two leading cpu manfac., amd and intel. You pay double the price for intel for the name, while amd can outpreform it at half the price. Logicly, for the price you pay for intel, you can get a faster amd cpu. I take car audio the same way. For the price you spend on a 12W6 and the JL1000 amp, you could get a brahma and a hifonics zeus 1600watt amp. I'm sure already know this better then i highrollin, but i want others to hear me out. I rarly see JLs in my local SPL compititions around berkley and sanfrancisco, but always see them in car shows. It makes sense, doesn't it?

Yeah,Im just shittin with ya.I know the JL isnt an SPL comp sub.Most of the time you can get the 12w6's pretty loud,1 12" usually can do what a 15" of most other brands can do.I do however feel the same way,for the price look around,JL's are pretty pricy.I owned the JL 500/1 and Ill never pay retail price for one,they are insane on their prices.Im buying a 2400wrms mono amp and 4-ch to match for less then the 500/1 would cost retail.But they are definately one of the best SQL subs companies around.And yeah,I have an AMD CPU,Ill never buy an Intel again.

New Post 12-06-2004 11:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for highrollin74 Click here to Send highrollin74 a Private Message Find more posts by highrollin74 Add highrollin74 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
highrollin74

It would be sweet though to see them build a dual 2ohm W6 that could handle 1500wrms,and use a damned CASTED basket.

New Post 12-06-2004 11:45 AM
DJBASS7415

Northern Illinois But speaking price to spl ratio i paid 150 for both of my alpine type e's brand new from crutchfield and i cant beat the price for how hard these subs hit ive had mtxs coustics and powerbass's subs but these are the hardest hittin subs ive owned

New Post 12-06-2004 02:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DJBASS7415 Click here to Send DJBASS7415 a Private Message Find more posts by DJBASS7415 Add DJBASS7415 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BaricmanM2k

type e?

r they that hard hittin? for the price of 1 JL 12W7 you can get like 16 of those bad boys. JL i thought are pretty over rated for the price, its got great sound quality but one of my baric's will hit as hard if not harder.

New Post 02-09-2005 10:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for BaricmanM2k Click here to Send BaricmanM2k a Private Message Find more posts by BaricmanM2k Add BaricmanM2k to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
korndog

RE: type e?

quote:
Originally posted on 02-09-2005 by BaricmanM2k
r they that hard hittin? for the price of 1 JL 12W7 you can get like 16 of those bad boys. JL i thought are pretty over rated for the price, its got great sound quality but one of my baric's will hit as hard if not harder.

type e aren't that great.. not the best coming from alpine. i've outbassed 4 type E with a single memphis PR using half the power, just goes to show they're not very efficient.

New Post 02-14-2005 01:00 AM
ssi

RE: type e?

quote:
Originally posted on 02-09-2005 by BaricmanM2k

nothing that great about the solo-barics either.

New Post 02-14-2005 03:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ssi Click here to Send ssi a Private Message Find more posts by ssi Add ssi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
560BENZ

those solo's blow way to easy and they only hit to really low freqs so you dont get much bass unless you have a bass test on our something. I had them and i pissed because it wasnt hitting on most songs only in certain spots so i turned the gain up and it blew one of the subs. this is the freq responce for the L7's Frequency response 18-100 Hz, ok 18 hz's????? what is the point of going that low the human ear cant pick up frequencys anything lower than 20 hz's usually

New Post 03-03-2005 09:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for 560BENZ Click here to Send 560BENZ a Private Message Find more posts by 560BENZ Add 560BENZ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
carraudio

I can't find anything in New Mexico at all.

New Post 03-04-2005 04:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for carraudio Click here to Send carraudio a Private Message Find more posts by carraudio Add carraudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. kaotiksyko, from , CO. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting